Xojo Conferences
MBSSep2018MunichDE
XDCMay2019MiamiUSA

export to 3DMF from object3D (Real Studio games Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: Re: realbasic-games Digest, Vol 16, Issue 14
Next thread: Animation engine idea


[ANN] Preview of RBD 2.4   -   Marc Zeedar
  export to 3DMF from object3D   -   Joe Raffanti
   Re: export to 3DMF from object3D   -   Frank Condello
   Re: export to 3DMF from object3D   -   Joseph J. Strout
   Re: export to 3DMF from object3D   -   Joe Raffanti
   Re: export to 3DMF from object3D   -   Joseph J. Strout

export to 3DMF from object3D
Date: 12.07.05 00:26 (Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:26:55 -0700)
From: Joe Raffanti
Is there any simple, easy way to export an object3D to a text or
binary 3DMF file? (I mean, easier than what I've seen while looking
through 3DMF Workshop... or is that the only way?)

thanks,
Joe Raffanti
_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: export to 3DMF from object3D
Date: 12.07.05 02:16 (Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:16:38 -0400)
From: Frank Condello
On 11-Jul-05, at 7:26 PM, Joe Raffanti wrote:

> Is there any simple, easy way to export an object3D to a text or
> binary 3DMF file?

Simple and easy? Not that I can think of...

> (I mean, easier than what I've seen while looking through 3DMF
> Workshop... or is that the only way?)

It boils down to one call in the Quesa Wrappers:
GetBinary3DMFFromShape. In the release version of the Quesa Wrappers
that's an extension of Rb3DSpace (because Quesa is a little silly and
requires a view handle for such things). I changed that behaviour in
3DMF Workshop however, and made the Get***3DMF*** methods global and
stuck'em in the Quesa module. This means they'll work without
requiring an Rb3DSpace, though they still create a temporary Q3View
internally. If you decide to use the Quesa Wrappers I'd recommend
ripping them out of 3DMF Workshop rather than using the last
independent release.

Also note that Quesa can't save text 3DMF - for that you need
Quickdraw3D or a custom exporter.

Frank.
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Open Source RB Goodies and Shareware
<http://developer.chaoticbox.com/>
<http://www.chaoticbox.com/>
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: export to 3DMF from object3D
Date: 12.07.05 15:03 (Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:03:48 -0600)
From: Joseph J. Strout
At 4:26 PM -0700 7/11/05, Joe Raffanti wrote:

>Is there any simple, easy way to export an object3D to a text or
>binary 3DMF file? (I mean, easier than what I've seen while looking
>through 3DMF Workshop... or is that the only way?)

Well, yes, it should take only about a dozen declare statements or
so... but if you're not doing something like 3DMF Workshop (i.e.,
creating geometry from scratch using a big pile of declares already),
then how is it you don't already have the 3DMF source lying around
somewhere? Or put more simply: how are you creating these objects
you want to export? Maybe the answer will suggest a simpler way to
solve your problem.

Best,
- Joe

Re: export to 3DMF from object3D
Date: 12.07.05 17:44 (Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:44:46 -0700)
From: Joe Raffanti
I'm loading the objects from 3DMF files, then changing them with
quesa declares (specifically the MorphMap class). I'd like to export
the 'in-between' steps between two poses.

Joe Raffanti

>At 4:26 PM -0700 7/11/05, Joe Raffanti wrote:
>
>>Is there any simple, easy way to export an object3D to a text or
>>binary 3DMF file? (I mean, easier than what I've seen while
>>looking through 3DMF Workshop... or is that the only way?)
>
>Well, yes, it should take only about a dozen declare statements or
>so... but if you're not doing something like 3DMF Workshop (i.e.,
>creating geometry from scratch using a big pile of declares
>already), then how is it you don't already have the 3DMF source
>lying around somewhere? Or put more simply: how are you creating
>these objects you want to export? Maybe the answer will suggest a
>simpler way to solve your problem.
>
>Best,
>- Joe
>
>--
>Joe Strout REAL Software, Inc.
>
>Vote for REALbasic (twice!) in the LinuxWorld Reader's Choice Awards:
>http://linux.sys-con.com/general/readerschoice.htm
>_______________________________________________
>Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
><http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>
>Search the archives of this list here:
><http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: export to 3DMF from object3D
Date: 12.07.05 18:23 (Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:23:13 -0600)
From: Joseph J. Strout
At 9:44 AM -0700 7/12/05, Joe Raffanti wrote:

>I'm loading the objects from 3DMF files, then changing them with
>quesa declares (specifically the MorphMap class). I'd like to
>export the 'in-between' steps between two poses.

Aha. Nope, no easy solution for that; you'll have to either use
Frank's Quesa Wrappers, or make a handful of your own declares for
just this purpose.

Best,
- Joe