Xojo Developer Conference
25/27th April 2018 in Denver.
MBS Xojo Conference
6/7th September 2018 in Munich, Germany.

editField data to be flashing after updating (Real Studio getting started Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: Paths et al
Next thread: [RB List] Starting a Thread


RB Database   -   tom.russell transport.alstom.com
  editField data to be flashing after updating   -   Lennox Jacob
   Re: editField data to be flashing after updating   -   Bob Pegram
    RE: editField data to be flashing after updating   -   POIDINGER, Michael [JJRAU]
     RE: editField data to be flashing after updating   -   Lennox Jacob
      Re: editField data to be flashing after updating   -   Phil M
       Re: editField data to be flashing after updating   -   Lennox Jacob

editField data to be flashing after updating
Date: 03.02.05 23:44 (Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:44:56 +0000)
From: Lennox Jacob
I have an editField named mydate and I would like that editField data to be
flashing after updating, how do I do that?
Thanks.
Lennox.

_________________________________________________________________
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!
http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: editField data to be flashing after updating
Date: 04.02.05 00:03 (Thu, 03 Feb 2005 15:03:01 -0800)
From: Bob Pegram
Lennox -

A very generic explanation:

1. Create a variable and put the value of the editField in it.

2. Do whatever process that could update the editField.

3. Compare the value in the variable to the value of the editField. If they
are different (because the update changed the value), trigger the flashing
of the editField contents or background for the length of time you specify.

I am a beginner so I don't know the specifics of how to do this, but that is
the logic of it.

Bob Pegram

on 2/3/05 2:44 PM, Lennox Jacob at <email address removed> wrote:

> I have an editField named mydate and I would like that editField data to be
> flashing after updating, how do I do that?
> Thanks.
> Lennox.
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!
> http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/
>
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
> <http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>
> Search the archives of this list here:
> <http://www.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

RE: editField data to be flashing after updating
Date: 04.02.05 00:16 (Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:16:03 +1100 )
From: POIDINGER, Michael [JJRAU]



> -----Original Message-----
> From: <email address removed>
> [mailto:<email address removed>] On
> Behalf Of Lennox Jacob
> Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 9:45 AM
> To: <email address removed>
> Subject: editField data to be flashing after updating
>
> I have an editField named mydate and I would like that
> editField data to be flashing after updating, how do I do that?
> Thanks.
> Lennox.
>

Use a Timer (you will find a good explanation of it in the language ref).
I would suggest its action even toggles the visible property of the edit
field, and you can set the perodicity of the blink yourself.

note the most elegant way to toggle the visble property would be

ef.visible = not ef.visible

Of course, you may instead wish to play with the edifield's text color,
background color, or some other blink effect.

Regardless, you need to think of what even triggers the blinking to stop.
This event should probably not have to do with clicking on the editfield,
especically if you go the .visible route (click...darn,
missed...click...drat it!...)

Mike
_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

RE: editField data to be flashing after updating
Date: 04.02.05 01:28 (Fri, 04 Feb 2005 00:28:16 +0000)
From: Lennox Jacob
I added a timer and set its mode to "Multiple" and its period to "1000"
and then in its Action event I put this

If mydate.BackColor = &cFFE5C4 then
mydate.Text.visible = not mydate.Text.visible
end if

hoping that the text will toggle at a frequency of 1000
but this don't compile, gets this message ..this method or property does not
exist ... at the second vsible.
Anh suggestions?
Thanks.
Lennox.

>From: "POIDINGER, Michael [JJRAU]" <<email address removed>>
>Reply-To: Getting Started <<email address removed>>
>To: "'Getting Started'" <<email address removed>>
>Subject: RE: editField data to be flashing after updating
>Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:16:03 +1100
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: <email address removed>
> > [mailto:<email address removed>] On
> > Behalf Of Lennox Jacob
> > Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 9:45 AM
> > To: <email address removed>
> > Subject: editField data to be flashing after updating
> >
> > I have an editField named mydate and I would like that
> > editField data to be flashing after updating, how do I do that?
> > Thanks.
> > Lennox.
> >
>Use a Timer (you will find a good explanation of it in the language ref).
>I would suggest its action even toggles the visible property of the edit
>field, and you can set the perodicity of the blink yourself.
>
>note the most elegant way to toggle the visble property would be
>
>ef.visible = not ef.visible
>
>Of course, you may instead wish to play with the edifield's text color,
>background color, or some other blink effect.
>
>Regardless, you need to think of what even triggers the blinking to stop.
>This event should probably not have to do with clicking on the editfield,
>especically if you go the .visible route (click...darn,
>missed...click...drat it!...)
>
>Mike
>_______________________________________________
>Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
><http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>
>Search the archives of this list here:
><http://www.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

_________________________________________________________________
Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!
http://search.msn.com/

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: editField data to be flashing after updating
Date: 04.02.05 01:40 (Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:40:06 -0800)
From: Phil M
On Feb 3, 2005, at 4:28 PM, Lennox Jacob wrote:

> I added a timer and set its mode to "Multiple" and its period to "1000"
> and then in its Action event I put this
>
> If mydate.BackColor = &cFFE5C4 then
> mydate.Text.visible = not mydate.Text.visible
> end if

Should be:

mydate.visible = not mydate.visible

Although that will make the entire EditField disappear and reappear
once every other second. (BTW you might want to change the period to
500).

If the user is not typing into this field, consider changing it to a
StaticText field.

Another option is to store the text in another variable and then delete
it every other timer run:

If mydate.BackColor = &cFFE5C4 then
If mydate.Text = "" Then
mydate.Text = myDateValue
Else
mydate.Text = ""
End If
end if

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: editField data to be flashing after updating
Date: 04.02.05 01:45 (Fri, 04 Feb 2005 00:45:55 +0000)
From: Lennox Jacob
Thanks Phil,
  mydate.visible = not mydate.visible
works fine.
I'll try the other option also, but this is working well enough for me.
Thanks again.
Lennox.

>From: Phil M <<email address removed>>
>Reply-To: Getting Started <<email address removed>>
>To: Getting Started <<email address removed>>
>Subject: Re: editField data to be flashing after updating
>Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:40:06 -0800
>
>On Feb 3, 2005, at 4:28 PM, Lennox Jacob wrote:
>
>>I added a timer and set its mode to "Multiple" and its period to "1000"
>>and then in its Action event I put this
>>
>> If mydate.BackColor = &cFFE5C4 then
>> mydate.Text.visible = not mydate.Text.visible
>> end if
>
>Should be:
>
> mydate.visible = not mydate.visible
>
>Although that will make the entire EditField disappear and reappear once
>every other second. (BTW you might want to change the period to 500).
>
>If the user is not typing into this field, consider changing it to a
>StaticText field.
>
>Another option is to store the text in another variable and then delete it
>every other timer run:
>
> If mydate.BackColor = &cFFE5C4 then
> If mydate.Text = "" Then
> mydate.Text = myDateValue
> Else
> mydate.Text = ""
> End If
> end if
>
>_______________________________________________
>Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
><http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>
>Search the archives of this list here:
><http://www.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

_________________________________________________________________
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!
http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>