[ANN] MonkeyBread Software REALbasic plug-in updated to version 3.2 (Real Studio network user group Deutschland Mailinglist archive)
|AW: Bermerkungen in Bildern auslesen - Ubr Werner|
|[ANN] MonkeyBread Software REALbasic plug-in updated to version 3.2 - Christian Schmitz|
|[ANN] MonkeyBread Software REALbasic plug-in updated to version 3.2|
|Date: 28.05.03 13:32 (Wed, 28 May 2003 14:32:21 +0200)|
|From: Christian Schmitz|
Monkeybread Software Germany releases version 3.2 of their
REALbasic Plugin Collection.
This plugin adds around 4800 functions, methods and classes to
REALbasic. Growed over the last two years this plugin covers this main
* Support for the Windows IDE (RB 5.2)
* Custom QuickTime Data Handler to use encrypted QuickTime movies.
* QuickTime Track class to control the track directly.
* Launch Services classes and functions
* CMYK support for JPEG loading and saving (without QuickTime).
* JPEG transformation (e.g. rotation) without recompressing the JPEG
* Encryption using RC4 and hashes using SHA1.
* Support for Image Captureing (Scanner and digital cameras)
* Stuffit classes.
* Statusitems (menus near the clock on Mac OS X).
* Information classes for the current Midi configuration.
* Classes for DiscRecording on Mac OS X 10.2
* pdflib support in the Addon plugin named
"Monkeybread Software Pro Plugin"
* Support for the Dock Tile Menu
* A Rendezvous network class for Mac OS X 10.2.
* A KeyCodes class for converting ascii chars to key codes.
* Functions to set the System UI Mode.
This can be used to disable Force Quit on Mac OS X!
* Carbon Events classes for global hot keys and services.
* A class called Mac Picture to create vector images which you can copy
into Apple Works and edit there.
* Importing pictures using a QuickTime Graphics Importer classes.
* Support for the notification center on Mac OS X.
* Quicktime Video and Audio recording.
* CoreGraphics support to create PDF files on Mac OS X.
* Support for a Console Window on Windows.
* Internet Config support.
* Mac OS X Spell Checking.
* Functions to manage Mac OS X login items list.
* Support for transparent document windows on Mac OS X.
* Detailed information about volumes on Windows.
* Classes to deal with icons on Mac OS.
* A class for multi string search.
* Keychain classes.
* WakeNotifier to see when your Mac sleeps.
* Packetsocket for easier socket sending/receiving.
* Window System Tray class.
* URLaccess class for easy down- and uploading.
* IO Registry of Mac OS X for hardware details.
* Addressbook classes for Mac OS X 10.2
* (Internet)Shortcuts for Windows.
* Mac Font managing functions and classes
* Packet sending Socket.
* Virtual Memory informations.
* SCSI Device list.
* File Downloads using Quicktime.
* Colormatching crossplatform or using Colorsync on Mac OS.
* Mouting Apple Share Volumes.
* Easy Alias handling.
* Usefull classes for Menu changes, Standardalert, File Permission.
* HTML Viewer Control
* Base 64 encode and decode
* Usefull functions like Screenshot, Networkavailable
* Streams for files bigger than 2 GB, Resourcefork and a stream in RAM.
* Endian Functions and Endian methods for the memoryblock class.
* Compression and Decompression of data and pictures including JPEG, PNG
and TIFF files without the need of QuickTime.
* VideoForWindows class to play movies on Windows 95 and newer without
* Resolution changing from Realbasic including fading.
* Monitoring of Events inside your application.
* Access to special folders.
* Serial Port with up to 230 kBit/s.
* CRC calculation
* Several Hardware Information functions and access to the Name
Registry. (including drive serial number for hard disks)
* Extending Realbasics internal classes like Movie, Movieplayer,
Memoryblock, Picture and Application.
* A process class to list the running applications.
* Classes to access the Windows Registry for loading and storing
* Access to Windows' Environment variables.
* Simulation of keyboard typing (presskey class).
* Creating and resolving aliases.
* SharedObjects on Windows to handle multiple launches of your
* Lots of small utility functions...
You can download the plugin archive at:
Help for the plugin is available as HTML files (on the website and in
the download package) and as a seperated PDF file.
For questions and announcements you may subscribe to our email list at
<http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/mailinglist.html> or visit
the list archive at
The plugin is available on a shareware fee which is 80 Euro (currently
around 95 USD) for commercial use and 40 Euro (currently around 48 USD)
for shareware, freeware and private use. You can test the plugins for
free within the REALbasic IDE. Updates for users from 2002.
(Support or new versions of the plugin in the next years after
registration are offered for a low update price, but you can continue to
develop for years with the old plugin versions.)
Details on the 400 new functions:
* Added support for the Windows IDE (RB 5.2)
* Added a Custom QuickTime Data Handler class to use encrypted QuickTime
* Added a QuickTime Track class to control the track directly.
* Added Launch Services classes and functions.
* Updated pdflib function to Pdflib 5.0.
* Added CMYK support for JPEG loading and saving (without QuickTime).
* Added JPEG transformation (e.g. rotation) without recompressing the
JPEG data (JPEGTransformationMBS).
* Added Events and submenus to the Statusitems
(Menu on the menubar of Mac OS X near the clock)
* Added more CoreFoundation stuff for Mac OS X like CFTimeZone.
* Added StyleDataMBS and StyleDataListMBS classes,
DecompileMacStyleDataMBS and DecompileWinStyleDataMBS to handle styled
* Added new Screenshot functions with multiple display support.
* Renamed around 800 functions (global and class extensions) to have a
MBS in their name.
* Updated the Tiff and the Zip Plugin part to support zlib 1.1.4.
* Added MD5 class which should do in RB 4.5 the same thing what the
class in RB 5 does.
* and a lot of small things which make live easier.
(See the release notes file for more details)