matt book 2.0 URL (Real Studio network user group Mailinglist archive)

Previous thread: [OFF] Windows Tcp/ip watcher
Next thread: Resource PICTs are unreliable?

Re: Saving a 32 bit PICT to a file?   -   Matthias Buercher
  matt book 2.0 URL   -   louis rodriguez
    Re: matt book 2.0 URL   -   Steve Albin
    Re: matt book 2.0 URL   -   Matt Neuburg
     Re: matt book 2.0 URL   -   Karen Atkocius
      Re: matt book 2.0 URL   -   James Bredijk
      Re: matt book 2.0 URL   -   Lorin Rivers
     Re: matt book 2.0 URL   -   john roberts
    Re: matt book 2.0 URL   -   Matt Neuburg
     Re: matt book 2.0 URL   -   john roberts

matt book 2.0 URL
Date: 16.08.01 03:11 (Wed, 15 Aug 2001 19:11:46 -0700)
From: louis rodriguez

can't wait!

Re: matt book 2.0 URL
Date: 16.08.01 05:36 (Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:36:08 -0400)
From: Steve Albin

On 8/15/01 10:11 PM, louis rodriguez wrote:

>http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/realbasic2/
>can't wait!

This is excellent news. As far as I'm concerned, Matt's current edition
is THE documentation for version 2 of REALbasic. Good to see that
version 3 will have documentation as well.

Steve

Re: matt book 2.0 URL
Date: 18.08.01 19:27 (Sat, 18 Aug 2001 11:27:13 -0700)
From: Matt Neuburg
On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:36:08 -0400, "Steve Albin" <<email address removed>> said:

>On 8/15/01 10:11 PM, louis rodriguez wrote:
>>http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/realbasic2/
>>can't wait!
>This is excellent news. As far as I'm concerned, Matt's current edition
>is THE documentation for version 2 of REALbasic. Good to see that
>version 3 will have documentation as well.

Thx for the kind words! Things have been exhausting but exciting
around here. It looks like we're almost reality, at last.

Even though the book is officially about RB 3.2.1, and even though
the budget does not permit changing that at this point, I was able to
sneak in a lot of info about RB 3.5. Brand new features that I wasn't
permitted to document in the book at all, though, such as RegEx and
RBScript, will have to be covered using Web pages. I got the O'Reilly
folks to put up two chapters on the Web, so feel free to browse;
these two chapters have received some heavy rewriting, mostly thanks
to suggestions from readers.

There wouldn't be any second edition if there hadn't been such a good
response to first edition, so thanks to everyone. It's your support
that has kept this effort alive. m.

Re: matt book 2.0 URL
Date: 18.08.01 21:58 (Sat, 18 Aug 2001 16:58:04 -0400)
From: Karen Atkocius
Matt Neuburg <<email address removed>> wrote:

>There wouldn't be any second edition if there hadn't been such a good
>response to first edition, so thanks to everyone. It's your support
>that has kept this effort alive. m.

I noticed they now say available in September... I hope it's early
September.... in any case I already placed my order.

So what type of 3.5 material *did* you mange to slip in?

BTW What is a good, clear, and easily readbale referehce on regular
expressions?
I've always found the docs on them I've seen rather dense.

- karen

Re: matt book 2.0 URL
Date: 18.08.01 22:01 (Sat, 18 Aug 2001 17:01:54 -0400)
From: James Bredijk
>BTW What is a good, clear, and easily readbale referehce on regular
>expressions?
>I've always found the docs on them I've seen rather dense.

I've never gone wrong buying an O'Reilly title (I have dozens). Look at:

James

Re: matt book 2.0 URL
Date: 18.08.01 23:21 (Sat, 18 Aug 2001 17:21:16 -0500)
From: Lorin Rivers
At 4:58 PM -0400 8/18/2001, Karen Atkocius wrote:
>Matt Neuburg <<email address removed>> wrote:
>>There wouldn't be any second edition if there hadn't been such a good
>>response to first edition, so thanks to everyone. It's your support
>>that has kept this effort alive. m.
>I noticed they now say available in September... I hope it's early
>September.... in any case I already placed my order.
>So what type of 3.5 material *did* you mange to slip in?
>BTW What is a good, clear, and easily readbale referehce on regular
>expressions?
>I've always found the docs on them I've seen rather dense.
>- karen

There's a very good O'Reilly book "Mastering Regular Expressions".
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1565922573/realsoftinc0e>

BBEdit has good RegEx support, and there's also the example project
that is a good way to explore them.

Regular Expression can seem obscure, but are very powerful...

Re: matt book 2.0 URL
Date: 19.08.01 04:37 (Sat, 18 Aug 2001 23:37:25 -0400)
From: john roberts
on 8/18/01 2:27 PM, Matt Neuburg at <email address removed> wrote:

> There wouldn't be any second edition if there hadn't been such a good
> response to first edition, so thanks to everyone. It's your support
> that has kept this effort alive. m.

Do you have a ship date yet ?

Best regards,
John Roberts

mailto:<email address removed>

Re: matt book 2.0 URL
Date: 20.08.01 12:51 (Mon, 20 Aug 2001 04:51:37 -0700)
From: Matt Neuburg
On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 23:37:25 -0400, "john roberts"
<<email address removed>> said:

>Do you have a ship date yet ?

I think we are slated to slot into the printer's next week; and my
guess is that that's a very fixed date, because the printer probably
has to be scheduled well in advance. Things are quite quick after
that point. It's weird. You'd think the slow part of the process
would be physically printing and distributing the book, but that's
amazingly fast. It's slogging through the endless editing and
production delays that takes a long time... m.

Re: matt book 2.0 URL
Date: 20.08.01 17:21 (Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:21:50 -0400)
From: john roberts
on 8/20/01 7:51 AM, Matt Neuburg at <email address removed> wrote:

>> Do you have a ship date yet ?
> I think we are slated to slot into the printer's next week; and my
> guess is that that's a very fixed date, because the printer probably
> has to be scheduled well in advance. Things are quite quick after
> that point. It's weird. You'd think the slow part of the process
> would be physically printing and distributing the book, but that's
> amazingly fast. It's slogging through the endless editing and
> production delays that takes a long time... m.

Great. Looking forward to getting it.

Best regards,