MBSOct2019CologneDE

Selecting OS X Apps (Real Studio network user group Mailinglist archive)

Previous thread: ListBox.Change do not fires: drag and drop, load datas from files
Next thread: [ANN] 666 Killer

Re: Pigmy 2.0   -   Jan Erik Moström <
  Selecting OS X Apps   -   Aram Kudurshian
   Re: Selecting OS X Apps   -   Dennis Birch
    Re: Selecting OS X Apps   -   Aram Kudurshian
     Re: Selecting OS X Apps   -   Dennis Birch
     Re: Selecting OS X Apps   -   Adam Ernst
    Re: Selecting OS X Apps   -   Will Cosgrove
     Re: Selecting OS X Apps   -   Jean-Francois Roy

Selecting OS X Apps
Date: 29.05.02 17:02 (Wed, 29 May 2002 18:02:18 +0200)
From: Aram Kudurshian
Hello,

I've been trying to create an open dialog that allows me to select Mac OS X
applications such as Internet Explorer and OmniWeb but have been having some
trouble. It seems that even using special/any as a filter type won't allow
me to select these applications. I've added a .app to the types dialog and
it still doesn't work.

Can anyone help me out?

Aram
____________________________________________________________________________

Aram Kudurshian Student/Programmer
<email address removed> http://www.tmdc.org/aramk/
AIM/ICQ: aramk622/89488688 http://www.tmdc.org/

Re: Selecting OS X Apps
Date: 29.05.02 17:22 (Wed, 29 May 2002 09:22:24 -0700)
From: Dennis Birch
At 6:02 PM +0200 5/29/02, Aram Kudurshian wrote:
>Hello,
>I've been trying to create an open dialog that allows me to select Mac OS X
>applications such as Internet Explorer and OmniWeb but have been having some
>trouble. It seems that even using special/any as a filter type won't allow
>me to select these applications. I've added a .app to the types dialog and
>it still doesn't work.

That functionality is not supported in any version of REALbasic.
Unfortunate in my opinion, if RB wants to be a real player in OSX.
You can purchase an expensive plugin to get that functionality, but I
think it should be built into RB. If you agree, I hope you will
REALbug this request as I recently did, so that it can hopefully make
its way into RB 4.5, which seems to be adding a lot of good OS X
features.

Re: Selecting OS X Apps
Date: 29.05.02 17:31 (Wed, 29 May 2002 18:31:00 +0200)
From: Aram Kudurshian
You have got to be joking! I just paid for an upgrade to RB 4 to get OS X
features and now a mission critical feature I need is missing. Could you
please tell me what plugin allows this function as I unfortunately will
probably need to purchase this. I'll be using REALbugs a bit later on today
I guess...

I guess there are no workarounds, right?

Aram

On 5/29/02 6:22 PM, Dennis Birch at <email address removed> wrote:

> At 6:02 PM +0200 5/29/02, Aram Kudurshian wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I've been trying to create an open dialog that allows me to select Mac OS X
>> applications such as Internet Explorer and OmniWeb but have been having some
>> trouble. It seems that even using special/any as a filter type won't allow
>> me to select these applications. I've added a .app to the types dialog and
>> it still doesn't work.
> That functionality is not supported in any version of REALbasic.
> Unfortunate in my opinion, if RB wants to be a real player in OSX.
> You can purchase an expensive plugin to get that functionality, but I
> think it should be built into RB. If you agree, I hope you will
> REALbug this request as I recently did, so that it can hopefully make
> its way into RB 4.5, which seems to be adding a lot of good OS X
> features.
> ---
> <mailto:<email address removed>>
> Unsubscribe:
> <mailto:<email address removed>>

____________________________________________________________________________

Aram Kudurshian Student/Programmer
<email address removed> http://www.tmdc.org/aramk/
AIM/ICQ: aramk622/89488688 http://www.tmdc.org/

Re: Selecting OS X Apps
Date: 29.05.02 17:36 (Wed, 29 May 2002 09:36:58 -0700)
From: Dennis Birch
NavDialog: <http://homepage.mac.com/vanhoek/#navdialog>

At 6:31 PM +0200 5/29/02, Aram Kudurshian wrote:
>You have got to be joking! I just paid for an upgrade to RB 4 to get OS X
>features and now a mission critical feature I need is missing. Could you
>please tell me what plugin allows this function as I unfortunately will
>probably need to purchase this. I'll be using REALbugs a bit later on today
>I guess...
>I guess there are no workarounds, right?
>Aram
>On 5/29/02 6:22 PM, Dennis Birch at <email address removed> wrote:
>> At 6:02 PM +0200 5/29/02, Aram Kudurshian wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've been trying to create an open dialog that allows me to select Mac OS X
>>> applications such as Internet Explorer and OmniWeb but have been
>>>having some
>>> trouble. It seems that even using special/any as a filter type won't allow
>>> me to select these applications. I've added a .app to the types dialog and
>>> it still doesn't work.
>> That functionality is not supported in any version of REALbasic.
>> Unfortunate in my opinion, if RB wants to be a real player in OSX.
>> You can purchase an expensive plugin to get that functionality, but I
>> think it should be built into RB. If you agree, I hope you will
>> REALbug this request as I recently did, so that it can hopefully make
>> its way into RB 4.5, which seems to be adding a lot of good OS X
> > features.

Re: Selecting OS X Apps
Date: 29.05.02 18:13 (Wed, 29 May 2002 12:13:54 -0500)
From: Adam Ernst
There is one free plugin that is available for download.

Check out the getExtendedOpenFolderitem plugin. Last time I checked it
was a little buggy, but see if it suits your needs.

The one that costs money is at:
called NavFolderItem or something like that.

Good luck,

Adam

On Wednesday, May 29, 2002, at 11:31 AM, Aram Kudurshian wrote:

> You have got to be joking! I just paid for an upgrade to RB 4 to get
> OS X
> features and now a mission critical feature I need is missing. Could
> you
> please tell me what plugin allows this function as I unfortunately will
> probably need to purchase this. I'll be using REALbugs a bit later on
> today
> I guess...
> I guess there are no workarounds, right?
> Aram
> On 5/29/02 6:22 PM, Dennis Birch at <email address removed> wrote:
>> At 6:02 PM +0200 5/29/02, Aram Kudurshian wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've been trying to create an open dialog that allows me to select
>>> Mac OS X
>>> applications such as Internet Explorer and OmniWeb but have been
>>> having some
>>> trouble. It seems that even using special/any as a filter type won't
>>> allow
>>> me to select these applications. I've added a .app to the types
>>> dialog and
>>> it still doesn't work.
>> That functionality is not supported in any version of REALbasic.
>> Unfortunate in my opinion, if RB wants to be a real player in OSX.
>> You can purchase an expensive plugin to get that functionality, but I
> http://www.tmdc.org/
> ---
> <mailto:<email address removed>>
> Unsubscribe:
> <mailto:<email address removed>>

Re: Selecting OS X Apps
Date: 29.05.02 18:57 (Wed, 29 May 2002 12:57:18 -0500)
From: Will Cosgrove
Hi Aram,
You can use Alfred Van Hoek's great (and free) NavFolderItem plugin to get
access to Application packages under OS X. You can download it here:

And yes, I think it's a joke that this isn't supported in RB yet.

Cheers,
Will

> You have got to be joking! I just paid for an upgrade to RB 4 to get OS X
> features and now a mission critical feature I need is missing. Could you
> please tell me what plugin allows this function as I unfortunately will
> probably need to purchase this. I'll be using REALbugs a bit later on today
> I guess...
> I guess there are no workarounds, right?
> Aram
> On 5/29/02 6:22 PM, Dennis Birch at <email address removed> wrote:
>> At 6:02 PM +0200 5/29/02, Aram Kudurshian wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've been trying to create an open dialog that allows me to select Mac OS X
>>> applications such as Internet Explorer and OmniWeb but have been having some
>>> trouble. It seems that even using special/any as a filter type won't allow
>>> me to select these applications. I've added a .app to the types dialog and
>>> it still doesn't work.
>> That functionality is not supported in any version of REALbasic.
>> Unfortunate in my opinion, if RB wants to be a real player in OSX.
>> You can purchase an expensive plugin to get that functionality, but I
>> think it should be built into RB. If you agree, I hope you will
>> REALbug this request as I recently did, so that it can hopefully make
>> its way into RB 4.5, which seems to be adding a lot of good OS X
>> features.

Re: Selecting OS X Apps
Date: 30.05.02 04:20 (Wed, 29 May 2002 23:20:32 -0400)
From: Jean-Francois Roy
Just a little plug:

NavFolderItem comes in a free and shareware version. The shareware version
is much more up-to -ate and has a lot of new and very powerful features.

For instance, custom control support, class-based and event-based dialog
reply management (callback system like Navigation Services work), extensive
support for Navigation Services dialog flags and types, etc.

Plus, when you buy it, you get the rest of his plugins, which are all
high-quality stuff.