Xojo Conferences
XDCMay2019MiamiUSA

3d charts? (Real Studio network user group Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: Click thru windows?
Next thread: Closing a Window


Which RB4.5?   -   idlewild mac.com
  3d charts?   -   Gregory J. Smith
   Re: 3d charts?   -   Joseph J. Strout
    Re: 3d charts?   -   Gregory J. Smith
     Re: 3d charts?   -   Joseph J. Strout

3d charts?
Date: 07.08.02 22:23 (Wed, 07 Aug 2002 15:23:00 -0600)
From: Gregory J. Smith
Any suggestions on making 3d charts? Would it be possible to use the 3d
control?

---
Subscribe to the digest:
<mailto:<email address removed>>
Unsubscribe:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Re: 3d charts?
Date: 08.08.02 02:47 (Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:47:23 -0700)
From: Joseph J. Strout
At 3:23 PM -0600 8/7/02, Gregory J. Smith wrote:

>Any suggestions on making 3d charts? Would it be possible to use the 3d
>control?

Sure. So that's one suggestion. The other would be to draw them
yourself on a Canvas. Which is easier depends on what you need to
draw, and what you intend to do with it (e.g., allow the chart to be
saved, copied, or printed versus just displaying within your app).

Cheers,
- Joe

Re: 3d charts?
Date: 08.08.02 14:25 (Thu, 08 Aug 2002 07:25:45 -0600)
From: Gregory J. Smith
I like the ability to move around in the 3d environment in a 3d control. In
fact I'm going to need that. I haven't really looked at it much does it not
allow copying a 2d picture say as a bitmap or jpeg for use in other
programs?

on 8/7/02 7:47 PM, Joseph J. Strout at <email address removed> wrote:

> At 3:23 PM -0600 8/7/02, Gregory J. Smith wrote:
>
>> Any suggestions on making 3d charts? Would it be possible to use the 3d
>> control?
>
> Sure. So that's one suggestion. The other would be to draw them
> yourself on a Canvas. Which is easier depends on what you need to
> draw, and what you intend to do with it (e.g., allow the chart to be
> saved, copied, or printed versus just displaying within your app).

---
Subscribe to the digest:
<mailto:<email address removed>>
Unsubscribe:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Re: 3d charts?
Date: 09.08.02 04:06 (Thu, 8 Aug 2002 20:06:43 -0700)
From: Joseph J. Strout
At 7:25 AM -0600 8/8/02, Gregory J. Smith wrote:

>I like the ability to move around in the 3d environment in a 3d control. In
>fact I'm going to need that.

That suggests using an Rb3DSpace, then.

> I haven't really looked at it much does it not
>allow copying a 2d picture say as a bitmap or jpeg for use in other
>programs?

Unfortunately, no (at least, not without using screen capture).

Best,
- Joe