Xojo Conferences
XDCMay2019MiamiUSA

does RB 4 work under Jaguar? (Real Studio network user group Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: RE: Object2D/Group2D: append vs. "copy
Next thread: Object2D/Group2D: append vs. "copy"; also how to rotate/scale?


does RB 4 work under Jaguar?   -   Tamara Snyder
  Re: does RB 4 work under Jaguar?   -   Jarvis Badgley
  Re: does RB 4 work under Jaguar?   -   Geoff Perlman
   Re: does RB 4 work under Jaguar?   -   Mike Benonis
    Re: does RB 4 work under Jaguar?   -   Christian Schmitz
    Re: does RB 4 work under Jaguar?   -   Geoff Perlman

does RB 4 work under Jaguar?
Date: 09.08.02 17:09 (Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:09:10 -0500)
From: Tamara Snyder
Hi All,

Think Secret is reporting this morning that REALbasic has some issues
when running on Jaguar
(http://www.thinksecret.com/news/jaguarissues.html). No specifics are
given. I am wondering if anyone on the list might know more (those of
you who have tried the Jaguar betas). Is this an issue with RB 4.02?
4.5? Both? And what sort of issues are we talking about here?

Thanks,

Tamara

---
Subscribe to the digest:
<mailto:<email address removed>>
Unsubscribe:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Re: does RB 4 work under Jaguar?
Date: 09.08.02 17:14 (Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:14:20 -0700)
From: Jarvis Badgley
> Think Secret is reporting this morning that REALbasic has some issues
> when running on Jaguar
> (http://www.thinksecret.com/news/jaguarissues.html). No specifics are
> given. I am wondering if anyone on the list might know more (those of
> you who have tried the Jaguar betas). Is this an issue with RB 4.02?
> 4.5? Both? And what
> sort of issues are we talking about here?

I'd say both, given that one of my applications is on their list, and
it's last version was compiled with 4.5.1fc1
It would have been nice if they had said WHAT problems RB apps were
having.

---
Subscribe to the digest:
<mailto:<email address removed>>
Unsubscribe:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Re: does RB 4 work under Jaguar?
Date: 09.08.02 23:32 (Fri, 09 Aug 2002 17:32:50 -0500)
From: Geoff Perlman
On 8/9/02 11:09 AM, "Tamara Snyder" <<email address removed>> wrote:

> Think Secret is reporting this morning that REALbasic has some issues
> when running on Jaguar
> (http://www.thinksecret.com/news/jaguarissues.html). No specifics are
> given. I am wondering if anyone on the list might know more (those of
> you who have tried the Jaguar betas). Is this an issue with RB 4.02?
> 4.5? Both? And what sort of issues are we talking about here?

We have discovered a few small problems which we are addressing but if
anyone knows of others, please let us know.

Re: does RB 4 work under Jaguar?
Date: 09.08.02 23:49 (Fri, 09 Aug 2002 18:49:42 -0400)
From: Mike Benonis
on 8/9/02 6:32 PM, Geoff Perlman at <email address removed> wrote:

> On 8/9/02 11:09 AM, "Tamara Snyder" <<email address removed>> wrote:
>
>> Think Secret is reporting this morning that REALbasic has some issues
>> when running on Jaguar
>> (http://www.thinksecret.com/news/jaguarissues.html). No specifics are
>> given. I am wondering if anyone on the list might know more (those of
>> you who have tried the Jaguar betas). Is this an issue with RB 4.02?
>> 4.5? Both? And what sort of issues are we talking about here?
>
> We have discovered a few small problems which we are addressing but if
> anyone knows of others, please let us know.

You wouldn't be willing to tell us what those are, would you?

-Mike

---
Subscribe to the digest:
<mailto:<email address removed>>
Unsubscribe:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Re: does RB 4 work under Jaguar?
Date: 10.08.02 00:06 (Sat, 10 Aug 2002 01:06:55 +0200)
From: Christian Schmitz
> > We have discovered a few small problems which we are addressing but if
> > anyone knows of others, please let us know.
>
> You wouldn't be willing to tell us what those are, would you?

I hope we can read them soon in the release notes of RB 4.5.1fc2

Mfg
Christian

Re: does RB 4 work under Jaguar?
Date: 10.08.02 02:03 (Fri, 09 Aug 2002 20:03:10 -0500)
From: Geoff Perlman
On 8/9/02 5:49 PM, "Mike Benonis" <<email address removed>> wrote:

> You wouldn't be willing to tell us what those are, would you?

The only one I personally know about (because I can reproduce it
consistently) is that the application menu is completely disabled when
running an app in the IDE on Jaguar. However, while it's consistent for me,
it's not consistent for our testing group.

In fact, it's not even consistent when tested on another Mac that is almost
exactly the same as mine.