can't launch RB 4.5 (Real Studio network user group Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: FW: Office Automation Tutorials
Next thread: Aligned HQ-Text sample


can't launch RB 4.5   -   galacticgourmet
  Re: can't launch RB 4.5   -   Joseph J. Strout
   Re: can't launch RB 4.5   -   Christian Schmitz
    Re: can't launch RB 4.5   -   Joseph J. Strout
     Re: can't launch RB 4.5   -   Christian Schmitz
     Re: can't launch RB 4.5...can now   -   galacticgourmet
  Re: can't launch RB 4.5   -   Hubert Garrido

can't launch RB 4.5
Date: 30.08.02 20:38 (Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:38:41 -0400)
From: galacticgourmet


RB 4.5 refuses to launch from either the CD or my hard drive. Every time I
try, the program unexpectedly quits with error 1,010. (I never had this
problem with RB 3.5, or 4.02.)

I'm running a PowerBook G3 with OS 9.0.4, 96 MB RAM and over 700 MB free
hard drive space. Does anyone know what's causing this problem?

-Daniel

Re: can't launch RB 4.5
Date: 30.08.02 21:00 (Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:00:53 -0700)
From: Joseph J. Strout
At 3:38 PM -0400 8/30/02, galacticgourmet wrote:

>RB 4.5 refuses to launch from either the CD or my hard drive. Every
>time I try, the program unexpectedly quits with error 1,010. (I
>never had this problem with RB 3.5, or 4.02.)

Error 1010 means that (1) you should install MacsBug, and (2) you
don't have some library which RB requires. If you do (1) then you'll
find out more detail about (2). When you do, please let us know.

Thanks,
- Joe

Re: can't launch RB 4.5
Date: 30.08.02 22:19 (Fri, 30 Aug 2002 23:19:24 +0200)
From: Christian Schmitz
> At 3:38 PM -0400 8/30/02, galacticgourmet wrote:
>
> >RB 4.5 refuses to launch from either the CD or my hard drive. Every
> >time I try, the program unexpectedly quits with error 1,010. (I
> >never had this problem with RB 3.5, or 4.02.)
>
> Error 1010 means that (1) you should install MacsBug, and (2) you
> don't have some library which RB requires. If you do (1) then you'll
> find out more detail about (2). When you do, please let us know.

RB 4.5 Classic does link to QuickTimeLib, QuickTimeVRLib, OTUtilityLib,
OTClientLib, OTClientUtilLib, OTInetClientLib and IconservicesLib.

Please weak link to those libraries!

Mfg
Christian

Re: can't launch RB 4.5
Date: 30.08.02 22:25 (Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:25:54 -0700)
From: Joseph J. Strout
At 11:19 PM +0200 8/30/02, Christian Schmitz wrote:

>RB 4.5 Classic does link to QuickTimeLib, QuickTimeVRLib, OTUtilityLib,
>OTClientLib, OTClientUtilLib, OTInetClientLib and IconservicesLib.

It doesn't link QuickTimeVRLib. We just checked. What makes you say this?

Thanks,
- Joe

Re: can't launch RB 4.5
Date: 31.08.02 07:49 (Sat, 31 Aug 2002 08:49:35 +0200)
From: Christian Schmitz
> At 11:19 PM +0200 8/30/02, Christian Schmitz wrote:
>
> >RB 4.5 Classic does link to QuickTimeLib, QuickTimeVRLib, OTUtilityLib,
> >OTClientLib, OTClientUtilLib, OTInetClientLib and IconservicesLib.
>
> It doesn't link QuickTimeVRLib. We just checked. What makes you say this?

Remove the QuickTime VR extension, restart and RB won't launch. Simple
to test.

Mfg
Christian

Re: can't launch RB 4.5
Date: 31.08.02 23:43 (Sun, 01 Sep 2002 00:43:51 +0200)
From: Hubert Garrido
on 31/08/02 15:00, "Christian Schmitz" <<email address removed>>
claimed that:

>> At 11:19 PM +0200 8/30/02, Christian Schmitz wrote:
>>
>>> RB 4.5 Classic does link to QuickTimeLib, QuickTimeVRLib, OTUtilityLib,
>>> OTClientLib, OTClientUtilLib, OTInetClientLib and IconservicesLib.
>>
>> It doesn't link QuickTimeVRLib. We just checked. What makes you say this?
>
> Remove the QuickTime VR extension, restart and RB won't launch. Simple
> to test.

right. I've been pulling my hairs for 3 days because 2 of our users were
having crashes at the launch of our program!!!

Thanks Christian for that information, now I have at least an explanation to
give (but I have still to explain to the users WHY they need to have
Quicktime installed :-P)

RS please correct it for the 4.5.1 release!!!

---
A searchable archive of this list is available at:
<http://dbserver.realsoftware.com/KBDB/search.php>

Unsubscribe:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Subscribe to the digest:
<mailto:<email address removed>>