Xojo Conferences
XDCMay2019MiamiUSA

Having trouble inputting singles/string into a Listbox (Real Studio network user group Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: MoviePlayer vs Canvas Slugfest
Next thread: [ANN] PDF Analyzer


Re: execute a realbasic app from shell   -   Martin Kvapil
  Having trouble inputting singles/string into a Listbox   -   James Jacques
   Re: Having trouble inputting singles/string into a Listbox   -   Kevin Ballard
    Re: Having trouble inputting singles/string into a Listbox   -   James Jacques
     Re: Having trouble inputting singles/string into a Listbox   -   CV
   Re: Having trouble inputting singles/string into a Listbox   -   CV

Having trouble inputting singles/string into a Listbox
Date: 14.08.03 15:35 (Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:35:28 -0400)
From: James Jacques
Hi,

I am having a little trouble with the listbox. I am trying to input a
calculated value from another method into a listbox. So I outputted the
value from the other method into a global variable. However, I have
tried:

note: maintime is the global variable

me.Cell(me.LastIndex,0) = str(maintime)

or

me.Cell(me.LastIndex,0) = maintime

I have tried both with single or string as the property of the maintime
variable. I either get a blank spot or just "0" My goal is for it to
be like this:

me.Cell(me.LastIndex,0) = format(maintime / y, "0.00" ) + " s"

Thanks,

Jim

---
A searchable archive of this list is available at:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/search.php>

Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listmanager/>

Re: Having trouble inputting singles/string into a Listbox
Date: 14.08.03 15:42 (Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:42:39 -0500)
From: Kevin Ballard
My guess is that the variable maintime isn't getting set properly.

Also, have you tried that format line? Additionally, instead of "0.00",
you may want "#.00" (I don't know if a 0 before the decimal shows all
digits or just 1, but # does show all)

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 09:35 AM, James Jacques wrote:

> I am having a little trouble with the listbox. I am trying to input a
> calculated value from another method into a listbox. So I outputted
> the value from the other method into a global variable. However, I
> have tried:
>
> note: maintime is the global variable
>
> me.Cell(me.LastIndex,0) = str(maintime)
>
> or
>
> me.Cell(me.LastIndex,0) = maintime
>
> I have tried both with single or string as the property of the
> maintime variable. I either get a blank spot or just "0" My goal is
> for it to be like this:
>
> me.Cell(me.LastIndex,0) = format(maintime / y, "0.00" ) + " s"

Re: Having trouble inputting singles/string into a Listbox
Date: 14.08.03 17:12 (Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:12:29 -0400)
From: James Jacques
The strange part is, I tested to make sure the value was getting
inputted into the property and it was confirmed when I did

msg str(maintime)

A message box popped up and showed the value.

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 10:42 AM, Kevin Ballard wrote:

> My guess is that the variable maintime isn't getting set properly.
>
> Also, have you tried that format line? Additionally, instead of
> "0.00", you may want "#.00" (I don't know if a 0 before the decimal
> shows all digits or just 1, but # does show all)
>
> On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 09:35 AM, James Jacques wrote:
>
>> I am having a little trouble with the listbox. I am trying to input a
>> calculated value from another method into a listbox. So I outputted
>> the value from the other method into a global variable. However, I
>> have tried:
>>
>> note: maintime is the global variable
>>
>> me.Cell(me.LastIndex,0) = str(maintime)
>>
>> or
>>
>> me.Cell(me.LastIndex,0) = maintime
>>
>> I have tried both with single or string as the property of the
>> maintime variable. I either get a blank spot or just "0" My goal is
>> for it to be like this:
>>
>> me.Cell(me.LastIndex,0) = format(maintime / y, "0.00" ) + " s"
>
> --
> Kevin Ballard
> REAL Software, Inc.
> http://www.realsoftware.com
>
> ---
> A searchable archive of this list is available at:
> <http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/search.php>
> Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
> <http://support.realsoftware.com/listmanager/>

---
A searchable archive of this list is available at:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/search.php>

Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listmanager/>

Re: Having trouble inputting singles/string into a Listbox
Date: 14.08.03 17:34 (Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:34:49 -0500)
From: CV
But the issue is whether it is available to the listbox at the time the
listbox event fires requesting it. Within what listbox event have you
located the accessing code, and what object owns the maintime property?

For example, is the "global" a property of the containing window? Is the
listbox requesting the maintime variable during the listbox's open event?

Where are you locating the elements of code that you have mentioned?

Jack


> The strange part is, I tested to make sure the value was getting
> inputted into the property and it was confirmed when I did


---
A searchable archive of this list is available at:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/search.php>

Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listmanager/>

Re: Having trouble inputting singles/string into a Listbox
Date: 14.08.03 16:16 (Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:16:46 -0500)
From: CV
I don't think your problem is a data type issue. It is most likely that the
"global" variable is not available at the time the listbox is attempting to
access it. In what listbox event is the access code located(me.Cell... ) and
where is the "global" variable?

Jack

> Hi,
>
> I am having a little trouble with the listbox. I am trying to input a
> calculated value from another method into a listbox. So I outputted the
> value from the other method into a global variable. However, I have
> tried:
>
> note: maintime is the global variable
>
> me.Cell(me.LastIndex,0) = str(maintime)
>
> or
>
> me.Cell(me.LastIndex,0) = maintime
>
> I have tried both with single or string as the property of the maintime
> variable. I either get a blank spot or just "0" My goal is for it to
> be like this:
>
> me.Cell(me.LastIndex,0) = format(maintime / y, "0.00" ) + " s"
>


---
A searchable archive of this list is available at:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/search.php>

Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listmanager/>