Xojo Conferences
XDCMay2019MiamiUSA

UseCMM (Real Studio network user group Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: PostgreSQL 8.0
Next thread: preference pane


Win32 API Declares   -   Berg, Heath
  UseCMM   -   Will Leshner
   Re: UseCMM   -   Joseph J. Strout
    Re:UseCMM   -   Knut Lorenzen
   Re: UseCMM   -   Will Leshner
   Re: UseCMM   -   Joseph J. Strout
   Re: UseCMM   -   Terry Ford
    Re: UseCMM   -   Will Leshner
    Re:UseCMM   -   Knut Lorenzen
     Re: UseCMM   -   Terry Ford
      Re:UseCMM   -   Knut Lorenzen
       Re: UseCMM   -   Terry Ford
        Re:UseCMM   -   Knut Lorenzen
         Re: UseCMM   -   Terry Ford
   Re: UseCMM   -   Joseph J. Strout
   Re: UseCMM   -   Terry Ford
   Re: UseCMM   -   Will Leshner
    Re:UseCMM   -   Knut Lorenzen

UseCMM
Date: 31.01.05 20:06 (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:06:13 -0800)
From: Will Leshner
The ContextualMenu class has a UseCMM property. Set it to True and you
get a disabled Help menu item at the top of the menu. Matt talks about
this a bit in his book. Apparently, on the Mac, that can tie into the
Mac's help system. But does REALbasic have a way to take advantage of
it? In other words, is there a situation in which Help is enabled?
_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: UseCMM
Date: 31.01.05 20:17 (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:17:31 -0600)
From: Joseph J. Strout
At 11:06 AM -0800 1/31/05, Will Leshner wrote:

>The ContextualMenu class has a UseCMM property. Set it to True and you
>get a disabled Help menu item at the top of the menu. Matt talks about
>this a bit in his book. Apparently, on the Mac, that can tie into the
>Mac's help system.

Right, or more generally, it ties into the Contextual Menu Manager system.

> But does REALbasic have a way to take advantage of
>it? In other words, is there a situation in which Help is enabled?

I'm not sure about the Help option -- I suspect that you can if you
respond for just the right AppleEvent or osme such. But if the
end-user has any other CMM plug-ins installed, those can appear there
too.

Best,
- Joe

Re:UseCMM
Date: 31.01.05 20:52 (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:52:24 +0100)
From: Knut Lorenzen
Joseph J. Strout schrieb dereinst (am 31.01.2005 20:17 Uhr) via
<email address removed>:

>> The ContextualMenu class has a UseCMM property. Set it to True and you
>> get a disabled Help menu item at the top of the menu. Matt talks about
>> this a bit in his book. Apparently, on the Mac, that can tie into the
>> Mac's help system.
>
> Right, or more generally, it ties into the Contextual Menu Manager system.

Now THAT is interesting! I've been looking for a way to display system wide
CMs in RB for quite some time...

BTW: It seems not to work if you set UseCCM = True in code, but the property
is not bold in the Online LR. Bug or documentation error?

> I'm not sure about the Help option -- I suspect that you can if you
> respond for just the right AppleEvent or osme such.

Would you please elaborate on that? Or point me towards some more info?

Cheers,

Knut

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: UseCMM
Date: 31.01.05 20:32 (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:32:52 -0800)
From: Will Leshner
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:17:31 -0600, Joseph J. Strout
<<email address removed>> wrote:

> I'm not sure about the Help option -- I suspect that you can if you
> respond for just the right AppleEvent or osme such. But if the
> end-user has any other CMM plug-ins installed, those can appear there
> too.

Aha. So UseCMM means, in general, add any CMM items to the menu. It
just happens to be that, in the absence of plugins, a disabled Help is
all you get. Is that about right?

Re: UseCMM
Date: 31.01.05 20:46 (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:46:58 -0600)
From: Joseph J. Strout
At 11:32 AM -0800 1/31/05, Will Leshner wrote:

>Aha. So UseCMM means, in general, add any CMM items to the menu. It
>just happens to be that, in the absence of plugins, a disabled Help is
>all you get. Is that about right?

Yep.

Re: UseCMM
Date: 31.01.05 21:36 (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:36:28 -0800)
From: Terry Ford

On 31-Jan-05, at 11:17 AM, Joseph J. Strout wrote:

> I'm not sure about the Help option -- I suspect that you can if you
> respond for just the right AppleEvent or osme such. But if the
> end-user has any other CMM plug-ins installed, those can appear there
> too.

Wouldn't most of those be app specific or Finder related? I have
several CMM items that don't appear in my Rb apps but do in the Finder.

Also, I don't remember seeing any documentation of how to use this Help
option. I might have missed it. There are only 4 lines about it in the
Users guide.

Terry

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: UseCMM
Date: 01.02.05 04:56 (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:56:28 -0800)
From: Will Leshner
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:06:09 +0100, Knut Lorenzen
<<email address removed>> wrote:

> It depends on how you use Contextual Menu items. Please see:
>
> <http://www.realsoftware.com/realbasic/showcase/utilities/details.php?pidp

That is one cool plugin. And it works right out of the box for an Rb
ContextualMenu that has its UseCMM value set to True. Thanks!

Re:UseCMM
Date: 31.01.05 22:06 (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:06:09 +0100)
From: Knut Lorenzen
Terry Ford schrieb dereinst (am 31.01.2005 21:36 Uhr) via <email address removed>:

> Wouldn't most of those be app specific or Finder related? I have
> several CMM items that don't appear in my Rb apps but do in the Finder.

It depends on how you use Contextual Menu items. Please see:

<http://www.realsoftware.com/realbasic/showcase/utilities/details.php?pidp
>

You can easily have dozens of CMs, even ignoring context :^)

Cheers,

Knut

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: UseCMM
Date: 31.01.05 22:20 (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:20:07 -0800)
From: Terry Ford

On 31-Jan-05, at 1:06 PM, Knut Lorenzen wrote:

> Terry Ford schrieb dereinst (am 31.01.2005 21:36 Uhr) via
> <email address removed>:
>
>> Wouldn't most of those be app specific or Finder related? I have
>> several CMM items that don't appear in my Rb apps but do in the
>> Finder.
>
> It depends on how you use Contextual Menu items. Please see:
>
> <http://www.realsoftware.com/realbasic/showcase/utilities/details.php?
> pidp
>>
> You can easily have dozens of CMs, even ignoring context :^)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Knut

Link crashed. You forgot a ">" or something else.

Terry

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re:UseCMM
Date: 31.01.05 22:29 (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:29:58 +0100)
From: Knut Lorenzen
Terry Ford schrieb dereinst (am 31.01.2005 22:20 Uhr) via <email address removed>:

>> <http://www.realsoftware.com/realbasic/showcase/utilities/details.php?
>> pidp
>>>

Here is the missing ">". Damned LineBreaks :)

>>
>> You can easily have dozens of CMs, even ignoring context :^)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Knut
>
> Link crashed. You forgot a ">" or something else.

Try Copy & Paste?

Cheers,

Knut

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: UseCMM
Date: 31.01.05 22:58 (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:58:02 -0800)
From: Terry Ford

On 31-Jan-05, at 1:29 PM, Knut Lorenzen wrote:

> Try Copy & Paste?

Yep. Got this:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/Library/WebServer/www/realbasic/showcase/appdetails.php on line 33

Found the program and put the link below. Same text but this one works.
:)

<http://www.realsoftware.com/realbasic/showcase/utilities/details.php?
pidp>

Terry

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re:UseCMM
Date: 31.01.05 23:04 (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:04:57 +0100)
From: Knut Lorenzen
Terry Ford schrieb dereinst (am 31.01.2005 22:58 Uhr) via <email address removed>:

> Found the program and put the link below. Same text but this one works.
> :)
>
> <http://www.realsoftware.com/realbasic/showcase/utilities/details.php?
> pidp>

Hmm. Clicking your link in Entourage gives me the same error. Even Copy &
Paste needs deleting a LineBreak between "details.php?" and "pidp".

Cheers,

Knut

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: UseCMM
Date: 31.01.05 23:16 (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:16:41 -0800)
From: Terry Ford

On 31-Jan-05, at 2:04 PM, Knut Lorenzen wrote:

> Terry Ford schrieb dereinst (am 31.01.2005 22:58 Uhr) via
> <email address removed>:
>
>> Found the program and put the link below. Same text but this one
>> works.
>> :)
>>
>> <http://www.realsoftware.com/realbasic/showcase/utilities/details.php?
>> pidp>
> Hmm. Clicking your link in Entourage gives me the same error. Even
> Copy &
> Paste needs deleting a LineBreak between "details.php?" and "pidp".

Interesting. On clicking on your reply, I still get to the correct
page. It's also wrapping. Copying and pasting into Safari from the
reply also works.

Maybe it's Entourage?

I'm using Mail.app. (Mac)

Regards,

Terry

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: UseCMM
Date: 31.01.05 21:56 (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:56:10 -0600)
From: Joseph J. Strout
At 12:36 PM -0800 1/31/05, Terry Ford wrote:

>Also, I don't remember seeing any documentation of how to use this
>Help option. I might have missed it. There are only 4 lines about it
>in the Users guide.

You'd need to be looking at Apple's documentation, not ours. And
you'll probably have to do some digging -- it's an old technology.

Best,
- Joe

Re: UseCMM
Date: 31.01.05 22:18 (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:18:56 -0800)
From: Terry Ford

On 31-Jan-05, at 12:56 PM, Joseph J. Strout wrote:

> At 12:36 PM -0800 1/31/05, Terry Ford wrote:
>
>> Also, I don't remember seeing any documentation of how to use this
>> Help option. I might have missed it. There are only 4 lines about it
>> in the Users guide.
>
> You'd need to be looking at Apple's documentation, not ours. And
> you'll probably have to do some digging -- it's an old technology.

Didn't want to use it and have never seen it in OSX. Just curious.

Terry

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: UseCMM
Date: 31.01.05 20:58 (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:58:24 -0800)
From: Will Leshner
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:52:24 +0100, Knut Lorenzen
<<email address removed>> wrote:

> BTW: It seems not to work if you set UseCCM = True in code, but the property
> is not bold in the Online LR. Bug or documentation error?

It works fine for me. Can you post your code and the error you get?

Re:UseCMM
Date: 31.01.05 21:05 (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:05:08 +0100)
From: Knut Lorenzen
Will Leshner schrieb dereinst (am 31.01.2005 20:58 Uhr) via
<email address removed>:

>> BTW: It seems not to work if you set UseCCM = True in code, but the property
>> is not bold in the Online LR. Bug or documentation error?
>
> It works fine for me. Can you post your code and the error you get?

Ouch. Sorry, the error is on my end, it works fine.

Cheers,

Knut

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>