Xojo Developer Conference
25/27th April 2018 in Denver.
MBS Xojo Conference
6/7th September 2018 in Munich, Germany.

Return True in EditField.MouseDown and selecting a text with the Mouse (Real Studio network user group Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: RB email obfuscator - where?
Next thread: Re: XHTML Parser


Win32 API Declares   -   Berg, Heath
  Return True in EditField.MouseDown and selecting a text with the Mouse   -   Emile Schwarz
   Re: Return True in EditField.MouseDown and selecting a text with the Mouse   -   Emile Schwarz
    Re: Return True in EditField.MouseDown and selecting a text with the Mouse   -   keatk comcast.net
    Re: Return True in EditField.MouseDown and selecting a text with the Mouse   -   Ricardo Rojas
   Re: Return True in EditField.MouseDown and selecting a text with the Mouse   -   Emile Schwarz

Return True in EditField.MouseDown and selecting a text with the Mouse
Date: 01.08.05 11:05 (Mon, 01 Aug 2005 12:05:09 +0200)
From: Emile Schwarz
Hi,

in order to detect EdiField.MouseUp (fire MouseUp Events), we have to put Return
True in the EdiField.MouseDown Event.

BUT, this later does not allows the user to make a selection using the Mouse.

I tried:

Sub MouseMove(X As Integer, Y As Integer)
// Store the X,Y MouseMove values
upX = X
upY = Y

// Make the user report highlight characters
If isDown Then
Me.Refresh
doDisplaySelection Me
End If
End Sub

but the selection appears only when the Mouse goes up (not at Mouse down
selection time).

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Emile

PS: I put Return True in the EdiField.MouseDown Event because I wanted to being
able to detect a MouseUp in the text (in special words, so I can fake an
hyperlink word - many words -)

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: Return True in EditField.MouseDown and selecting a text with the Mouse
Date: 22.08.05 19:18 (Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:18:02 +0200)
From: Emile Schwarz
Hi all,

it tooks me nearly 22 days (after sending the mail, see below) and I suddenly
get a solution, see below:

Function MouseDown(X As Integer, Y As Integer) As Boolean
If Keyboard.AsyncCommandKey Then
// Let the user edit the EditField’s contents
Else
// Enable the MouseUp event
Return True
End If
End Function

Now, when I want to select some text from the EditField, I press the Command key
and select the text using the Mouse...

HTH,

Emile

PS: for the record only :)

Emile Schwarz, on August 1st, 2005; 12:05, wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in order to detect EdiField.MouseUp (fire MouseUp Events), we have to
> put Return True in the EdiField.MouseDown Event.
>
> BUT, this later does not allows the user to make a selection using the
> Mouse.
>
>
> I tried:
>
> Sub MouseMove(X As Integer, Y As Integer)
> // Store the X,Y MouseMove values
> upX = X
> upY = Y
>
> // Make the user report highlight characters
> If isDown Then
> Me.Refresh
> doDisplaySelection Me
> End If
> End Sub
>
>
> but the selection appears only when the Mouse goes up (not at Mouse down
> selection time).
>
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Emile
>
>
> PS: I put Return True in the EdiField.MouseDown Event because I wanted
> to being able to detect a MouseUp in the text (in special words, so I
> can fake an hyperlink word - many words -)

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: Return True in EditField.MouseDown and selecting a text with the Mouse
Date: 01.08.05 16:36 (Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:36:59 +0000)
From: keatk comcast.net
Create a timer subclass instance on Edifield.Mousdown . Pass the editfield to it in it's constuctor and have it check for System.MouseDown. When that is false have it trigger whatever action you want depending on location.

A very inelegant way to do it, but it can work.

- karen
-------------- Original message --------------

> Hi,
>
> in order to detect EdiField.MouseUp (fire MouseUp Events), we have to put Return
> True in the EdiField.MouseDown Event.
>
> BUT, this later does not allows the user to make a selection using the Mouse.
>
> I tried:
>
> Sub MouseMove(X As Integer, Y As Integer)
> // Store the X,Y MouseMove values
> upX = X
> upY = Y
>
> // Make the user report highlight characters
> If isDown Then
> Me.Refresh
> doDisplaySelection Me
> End If
> End Sub
>
> but the selection appears only when the Mouse goes up (not at Mouse down
> selection time).
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Emile
>
> PS: I put Return True in the EdiField.MouseDown Event because I wanted to being
> able to detect a MouseUp in the text (in special words, so I can fake an
> hyperlink word - many words -)
>
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
>
> Search the archives of this list here:
>
_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: Return True in EditField.MouseDown and selecting a text with the Mouse
Date: 26.08.05 03:48 (Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:48:02 -0400)
From: Ricardo Rojas
Emile Schwarz, <email address removed>, wrote:
>it tooks me nearly 22 days (after sending the mail, see below) and I
>suddenly
>get a solution, see below:
>
>Function MouseDown(X As Integer, Y As Integer) As Boolean
> If Keyboard.AsyncCommandKey Then
> // Let the user edit the EditFieldís contents
> Else
> // Enable the MouseUp event
> Return True
> End If
>End Function
>
>Now, when I want to select some text from the EditField, I press the
>Command key
>and select the text using the Mouse...

Neat!
Thanks for sharing,
>>>®<<
_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: Return True in EditField.MouseDown and selecting a text with the Mouse
Date: 26.08.05 07:52 (Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:52:02 +0200)
From: Emile Schwarz
Thank you for letting me you like it :)

Cheers,

Emile

<email address removed> wrote:
> Subject: Re: Return True in EditField.MouseDown and selecting a text with the Mouse
> From: Ricardo Rojas <<email address removed>>
> Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:48:02 -0400
>
> Emile Schwarz, <email address removed>, wrote:
>
>>>it tooks me nearly 22 days (after sending the mail, see below) and I
>>>suddenly get a solution, see below:
>>>
>>>Function MouseDown(X As Integer, Y As Integer) As Boolean
>>> If Keyboard.AsyncCommandKey Then
>>> // Let the user edit the EditFieldís contents
>>> Else
>>> // Enable the MouseUp event
>>> Return True
>>> End If
>>>End Function
>>>
>>>
>>>Now, when I want to select some text from the EditField, I press the
>>>Command key and select the text using the Mouse...
>
> Neat!
> Thanks for sharing,

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>