Remote Debugging Limited to 5 Sessions (Real Studio network user group Mailinglist archive)

Previous thread: RB 2005r2 Crash
Next thread: Communicate with SerialPort

Win32 API Declares   -   Berg, Heath
  Remote Debugging Limited to 5 Sessions   -   RB User
   Re: Remote Debugging Limited to 5 Sessions   -   Garrett Kalleberg
    Re: Remote Debugging Limited to 5 Sessions   -   RB User

Remote Debugging Limited to 5 Sessions
Date: 02.08.05 17:14 (Tue, 02 Aug 2005 12:14:08 -0400)
From: RB User
Hi,

In June, I posted regarding an issue in which RB2005R1 would only let me
remote debug from my OS X.3.9 machine to a Win2k machine 5 times before
returning a "Failed to Connect" message. At that point, I have to quit and
relaunch the Stub or RB to continue debugging (for 5 more times).

(Both machines remain connected via SMB, even after I get the error message.
The machines' other connections continue functioning normally.)

RB 5.5.5. and the the 5.5.5. stub let me remote debug indefinitely.

I filed bug report "qezqgjtg" reporting the problem in RB2005R1.

The problem continues with RB2005 Release 2.

Since the June email to the NUG didn't generate any responses, and the bug
report has only received one other vote I'm wondering if this problem may be
unrelated to RB2005.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this debug session limit,
if it is not RB? Some network security issue in my router, or OX X? Or Win
2000?

The two machines are connected via a Netgear RP614 router, which is
connected to the internet via a Motorola 4100 cable modem.

Thanks,

Russ Tyndall

Search the archives of this list here:

Re: Remote Debugging Limited to 5 Sessions
Date: 02.08.05 18:37 (Tue, 2 Aug 2005 13:37:08 -0400)
From: Garrett Kalleberg
On Aug 2, 2005, at 12:14 PM, RB User wrote:

> Hi,
> In June, I posted regarding an issue in which RB2005R1 would only
> let me
> remote debug from my OS X.3.9 machine to a Win2k machine 5 times
> before
> returning a "Failed to Connect" message. At that point, I have to
> quit and
> relaunch the Stub or RB to continue debugging (for 5 more times).

Same here. I wasn't able to get that far before (5 connections)
because of breakpoints crashing the remote app. I found your report
and signed on....

Garrett

Search the archives of this list here:

Re: Remote Debugging Limited to 5 Sessions
Date: 02.08.05 21:30 (Tue, 02 Aug 2005 16:30:22 -0400)
From: RB User
On 8/2/05 1:37 PM, "Garrett Kalleberg" <<email address removed>> wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2005, at 12:14 PM, RB User wrote:
>> Hi,
>> In June, I posted regarding an issue in which RB2005R1 would only
>> let me
>> remote debug from my OS X.3.9 machine to a Win2k machine 5 times
>> before
>> returning a "Failed to Connect" message. At that point, I have to
>> quit and
>> relaunch the Stub or RB to continue debugging (for 5 more times).
> Same here. I wasn't able to get that far before (5 connections)
> because of breakpoints crashing the remote app. I found your report
> and signed on....

Breakpoints don't seem to be a factor for me. I'm limited to 5 sessions with
or without breakpoints, even using the default (blank, empty) project.

How very perplexing. My network setup is very generic, I can't imagine why
a lot of us aren't experiencing this.

Firewall doesn't make a difference.

I'll keep experimenting, perhaps I'll stumble across some solution.

It may be that the stub(s) have not been widely used yet in RB2005, because
of the remote debug crashing bug. In my case, I was working on cosmetic
issues (when I filed the bug report), and breakpoints weren't necessary.

Russ