Xojo Conferences
MBSSep2018MunichDE
XDCMay2019MiamiUSA

lpoptions and X.5 (Real Studio network user group Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: Inline HTTP 1.6 beta
Next thread: Re: Getting ListBox Cell Left and Top


Getting ListBox Cell Left and Top   -   Rubber Chicken Software Co.
  lpoptions and X.5   -   arael
   Re: lpoptions and X.5   -   fargo rpgportland.com
   Re: lpoptions and X.5   -   Rick Praetzel
   Re: lpoptions and X.5   -   arael
   Re: lpoptions and X.5   -   fargo rpgportland.com

lpoptions and X.5
Date: 07.08.09 00:05 (Fri, 7 Aug 2009 01:05:03 +0200)
From: arael

Hi,

on Mac OS X.4, I use a shell with lpoptions to change the current
printer

(On Sep 07, 2005, at 11:17 PM, Norman Palardy wrote:

You CAN change it on OS X IF you know the printer name with the
various CUPS functions
lpstat -a - list printers
lpq - get default printer
lpoptions -d <printer queue name> - changes default)

on X.5, lpoptions -d <the_printer> with the same syntax than X.4
don't change the current printer

Someone knows why ?

Thanks

Arael


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: lpoptions and X.5
Date: 07.08.09 01:20 (Thu, 6 Aug 2009 17:20:13 -0700 (PDT))
From: fargo rpgportland.com
I don't know about OS X in particular, but you might open the terminal and
look for a .lpoptions file in your home directory (ls -a will show files
preceded with .). Also look for /etc/cups/lpoptions. If a default is set
in either place it's likely to override your command. The environment
variables LPDEST and PRINTER can also do that.

>
> I get no error with RB (errorcode = 0), and no error with the terminal
>
> With lpoptions -d <the_printer> in the terminal or with RB,
>
> - in the printers list / X.4, I see at once the default printer changing
>
> - in the system prefs / print & fax / X.5, I see the default printer
> changing... sometimes, and sometimes not !
>
> Arael
>
> ---------------
>
> <email address removed> wrote :
>
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> on Mac OS X.4, I use a shell with lpoptions to change the current
>>> printer
>>>
>>> (On Sep 07, 2005, at 11:17 PM, Norman Palardy wrote:
>>>
>>> You CAN change it on OS X IF you know the printer name with the
>>> various CUPS functions
>>> lpstat -a - list printers
>>> lpq - get default printer
>>> lpoptions -d <printer queue name> - changes default)
>>>
>>>
>>> on X.5, lpoptions -d <the_printer> with the same syntax than X.4
>>> don't change the current printer
>>>
>>> Someone knows why ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Arael
>>
>> Since nobody else has chimed in yet, it's time for me to start
>> guessing.
>> If you open a regular terminal and pass the command does it work,
>> ask for
>> extra input, or generate any kind of error?
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
>> <http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>
>>
>> Search the archives:
>> <http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>
>>
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
> <http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>
> Search the archives:
> <http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: lpoptions and X.5
Date: 07.08.09 01:02 (Thu, 6 Aug 2009 18:02:28 -0600)
From: Rick Praetzel
> You CAN change it on OS X IF you know the printer name with the
> various CUPS functions
> lpstat -a - list printers
> lpq - get default printer
> lpoptions -d <printer queue name> - changes default)
>
> on X.5, lpoptions -d <the_printer> with the same syntax than X.4
> don't change the current printer
>
> Someone knows why ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Arael

I ran into this on X.5 because the same printer has a different name
on X.5 than what it does on X.4

Rick

Rick Praetzel
Desert Sand Software
www.desertsandsoftware.com
RB 2009r2.1 Dual 2.5 GHz G5, 5GB RAM, OSX 10.5.7
MesaMySQL database browser/editor
MesaSQLite database browser/editor

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: lpoptions and X.5
Date: 07.08.09 00:58 (Fri, 7 Aug 2009 01:58:56 +0200)
From: arael

I get no error with RB (errorcode = 0), and no error with the terminal

With lpoptions -d <the_printer> in the terminal or with RB,

- in the printers list / X.4, I see at once the default printer changing

- in the system prefs / print & fax / X.5, I see the default printer
changing... sometimes, and sometimes not !

Arael

---------------

<email address removed> wrote :

>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> on Mac OS X.4, I use a shell with lpoptions to change the current
>> printer
>>
>> (On Sep 07, 2005, at 11:17 PM, Norman Palardy wrote:
>>
>> You CAN change it on OS X IF you know the printer name with the
>> various CUPS functions
>> lpstat -a - list printers
>> lpq - get default printer
>> lpoptions -d <printer queue name> - changes default)
>>
>> on X.5, lpoptions -d <the_printer> with the same syntax than X.4
>> don't change the current printer
>>
>> Someone knows why ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Arael
>
> Since nobody else has chimed in yet, it's time for me to start
> guessing.
> If you open a regular terminal and pass the command does it work,
> ask for
> extra input, or generate any kind of error?
>
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
> <http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>
> Search the archives:
> <http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>



_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: lpoptions and X.5
Date: 07.08.09 00:40 (Thu, 6 Aug 2009 16:40:33 -0700 (PDT))
From: fargo rpgportland.com
>
> Hi,
>
> on Mac OS X.4, I use a shell with lpoptions to change the current
> printer
>
> (On Sep 07, 2005, at 11:17 PM, Norman Palardy wrote:
>
> You CAN change it on OS X IF you know the printer name with the
> various CUPS functions
> lpstat -a - list printers
> lpq - get default printer
> lpoptions -d <printer queue name> - changes default)
>
> on X.5, lpoptions -d <the_printer> with the same syntax than X.4
> don't change the current printer
>
> Someone knows why ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Arael

Since nobody else has chimed in yet, it's time for me to start guessing.
If you open a regular terminal and pass the command does it work, ask for
extra input, or generate any kind of error?

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>