Xojo Conferences
XDCMay2019MiamiUSA

[ANN] GraphicsX 1.1 (Real Studio Plugins Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: REALGetControlEnabled not working
Next thread: FW: speed


Re: class extensions...   -   Jan Erik Moström <
  [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1   -   Alexander Cohen
   Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1   -   Ian Mantripp
    Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1   -   Alexander Cohen
   Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1   -   Joseph J. Strout
    Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1   -   Alexander Cohen
    Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1   -   Christian Schmitz
     REALGetControlEnabled not working   -   Will Cosgrove
    Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1   -   Thomas Tempelmann
     Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1   -   Joseph J. Strout
     Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1   -   Paul Mitchum
    Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1   -   Thomas Tempelmann
     Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1   -   Joseph J. Strout

[ANN] GraphicsX 1.1
Date: 24.09.02 15:41 (Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:41:03 -0400)
From: Alexander Cohen
I have released an update to my GraphicsX plugin (Graphics Extension).
It is now at version 1.1.

This release is due to the fact that plugin devellopers will sometimes
create plugins and use routine names that conflict with other plugins.
This is the case here. To all plugin creators, please check this when
you create plugin. Thanx.

GraphicsX is a compliment to the graphics class in REALbasic. It adds
many features such as Arcs, truncating text, drawing of HIObjects and
more.

Free and available at:
<http://www.webprofitable.com/index.html>

Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1
Date: 24.09.02 15:50 (Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:50:33 +0200)
From: Ian Mantripp
Alexander Cohen wrote:

>This release is due to the fact that plugin devellopers will sometimes
>create plugins and use routine names that conflict with other plugins.
>This is the case here. To all plugin creators, please check this when
>you create plugin. Thanx.

Is there some sort of depository of used or reserved routine names ? I am
currently working on a QT plugin and would not want to stpe on the feet
of the existing QT plugins.

Ian
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ian Mantripp - codeboy Telemak
Tel: +32 (0)2 475 3333 Streaming Media Technologies
Fax: +32 (0)2 476 1226 <http://www.telemak.com>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------


---
A searchable archive of this list is available at:
<http://dbserver.realsoftware.com/KBDB/search.php>

Unsubscribe:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Subscribe to the digest:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1
Date: 24.09.02 15:52 (Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:52:40 -0400)
From: Alexander Cohen
I think you'll have to look up a few plugins. I know there are a few
websites, i just don't have the address on hand!

Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1
Date: 24.09.02 15:55 (Tue, 24 Sep 2002 07:55:36 -0700)
From: Joseph J. Strout
At 4:50 PM +0200 9/24/02, Ian Mantripp wrote:

>Is there some sort of depository of used or reserved routine names ? I am
>currently working on a QT plugin and would not want to stpe on the feet
>of the existing QT plugins.

It's mainly a problem with class extensions, which aren't recommended
anyway -- we're not even sure that we'll be able to support them in
RB 5.0 and later.

Best,
- Joe

Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1
Date: 24.09.02 16:07 (Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:07:44 -0400)
From: Alexander Cohen

On Tuesday, September 24, 2002, at 10:55 AM, Joseph J. Strout wrote:

> At 4:50 PM +0200 9/24/02, Ian Mantripp wrote:
>
>> Is there some sort of depository of used or reserved routine names ?
>> I am
>> currently working on a QT plugin and would not want to stpe on the
>> feet
>> of the existing QT plugins.
>
> It's mainly a problem with class extensions, which aren't recommended
> anyway -- we're not even sure that we'll be able to support them in RB
> 5.0 and later.

But for the meantime, they are usefull!

Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1
Date: 24.09.02 16:11 (Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:11:35 +0200)
From: Christian Schmitz
> At 4:50 PM +0200 9/24/02, Ian Mantripp wrote:
>
> It's mainly a problem with class extensions, which aren't recommended
> anyway

They are definitively usefull.

Mfg
Christian

Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1
Date: 24.09.02 19:25 (Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:25:23 -0700)
From: Thomas Tempelmann
About the name conflicts: This problem is known since the creation
of RB. I and others have always begged that RB would get an
extension that allows to use "qualifiers" on modules and plugins,
so that one could (optionally) write:

GraphicX.Draw x,y,s

Or, use a import / package / domain system where a using entity
such as a class, would define from which plugins it expects to
find its functions (this would also help programmers to _find_
missing plugins because their name would be known).

And Joseph J. Strout wrote:

>we're not even sure that we'll be able to support them in
>RB 5.0 and later.

I'd scratch "be able to" and insert "want to".

Thomas

---
A searchable archive of this list is available at:
<http://dbserver.realsoftware.com/KBDB/search.php>

Unsubscribe:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Subscribe to the digest:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1
Date: 24.09.02 20:51 (Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:51:51 -0700)
From: Joseph J. Strout
At 11:25 AM -0700 9/24/02, Thomas Tempelmann wrote:

>About the name conflicts: This problem is known since the creation
>of RB. I and others have always begged that RB would get an
>extension that allows to use "qualifiers" on modules and plugins,
>so that one could (optionally) write:
>
> GraphicX.Draw x,y,s

Yes, that's a super idea.

> >we're not even sure that we'll be able to support them in
>>RB 5.0 and later.
>
>I'd scratch "be able to" and insert "want to".

Then clearly you don't have any knowledge of the internal state of
things here, do you?

Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1
Date: 25.09.02 02:12 (Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:12:22 -0700)
From: Paul Mitchum
On 9/24/02 11:25 AM, "Thomas Tempelmann" <<email address removed>> wrote:

> About the name conflicts: This problem is known since the creation
> of RB. I and others have always begged that RB would get an
> extension that allows to use "qualifiers" on modules and plugins,
> so that one could (optionally) write:
>
> GraphicX.Draw x,y,s

There's a way to do that. You call REALRegisterClass. :-)

Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1
Date: 24.09.02 21:29 (Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:29:24 -0700)
From: Thomas Tempelmann
Joe,

>> GraphicX.Draw x,y,s
>
>Yes, that's a super idea.

Oh dear!
Don't tell me you've never read or heard about this suggestion before.
If so, something is still utterly wrong in RS' internal communications.
How many more "super ideas" might have been overlooked just because
of this lack of information flow? After all, we customers were always
told (and assured) that as long as we "report" it, it'll not be forgotten.

Or did you mean: yes, super idea, if we only could implement it.
("could" in the means of "had time to", not in the means of "wanted to",
of course :)

Thomas

---
A searchable archive of this list is available at:
<http://dbserver.realsoftware.com/KBDB/search.php>

Unsubscribe:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Subscribe to the digest:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Re: [ANN] GraphicsX 1.1
Date: 24.09.02 21:35 (Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:35:38 -0700)
From: Joseph J. Strout
At 1:29 PM -0700 9/24/02, Thomas Tempelmann wrote:

> >> GraphicX.Draw x,y,s
>>
>>Yes, that's a super idea.
>
>Oh dear!
>Don't tell me you've never read or heard about this suggestion before.

No, of course I have. I'm merely agreeing with you that it's a good idea.

>Or did you mean: yes, super idea, if we only could implement it.
>("could" in the means of "had time to", not in the means of "wanted to",
>of course :)

Right.

Best,
- Joe