Xojo Conferences
XDCMay2019MiamiUSA

LongProcessor (Real Studio Plugins Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: Text Encoding from a Window title
Next thread: plugins interaction


Re: class extensions...   -   Jan Erik Moström <
  LongProcessor   -   Scott Griebel
   Re: LongProcessor   -   Will Leshner
   Re: LongProcessor   -   Joseph J. Strout
   Re: LongProcessor   -   Frederick Vollmer
    Re: LongProcessor   -   Scott Griebel

LongProcessor
Date: 26.09.02 14:34 (Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:34:44 -0400)
From: Scott Griebel
So it seems that the LongProcessor example is rather bare bones, so I
thought I would try to build it. However, I get the errors:

Could not find or load the file "MSL_Runtime_PPC.Lib" ...
Could not find or load the file "CarbonLib" ...

Is this because my CodeWarrior is not configured correctly? Or did I not
install everything I needed from the Apple Developer Tools CD? Or did I not
install the RB plugin SDK stuff correctly? Sorry for the stupidity - this
is my first time.

Scott

---
A searchable archive of this list is available at:
<http://dbserver.realsoftware.com/KBDB/search.php>

Unsubscribe:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Subscribe to the digest:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Re: LongProcessor
Date: 26.09.02 15:17 (Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:17:14 -0700)
From: Will Leshner
What version of CodeWarrior are you using, just out of curiosity?

On Thursday, September 26, 2002, at 06:34 AM, Scott Griebel wrote:

> So it seems that the LongProcessor example is rather bare bones, so I
> thought I would try to build it. However, I get the errors:
>
> Could not find or load the file "MSL_Runtime_PPC.Lib" ...
> Could not find or load the file "CarbonLib" ...

---
A searchable archive of this list is available at:
<http://dbserver.realsoftware.com/KBDB/search.php>

Unsubscribe:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Subscribe to the digest:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Re: LongProcessor
Date: 26.09.02 15:19 (Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:19:42 -0700)
From: Joseph J. Strout
At 9:34 AM -0400 9/26/02, Scott Griebel wrote:

>So it seems that the LongProcessor example is rather bare bones, so I
>thought I would try to build it.

Good plan.

> However, I get the errors:
>
>Could not find or load the file "MSL_Runtime_PPC.Lib" ...
>Could not find or load the file "CarbonLib" ...
>
>Is this because my CodeWarrior is not configured correctly?

Yep (or at least, not configured the same as the CodeWarrior
installation where that project was last updated).

> Or did I not install everything I needed from the Apple Developer Tools CD?

MSL is Metrowerks Standard Library; it is part of the CodeWarrior
installation, and not from Apple.

CarbonLib is from Apple, though. You'll need to find that (or
CarbonLibStub) and put it somewhere in the project's access paths.

>Or did I not install the RB plugin SDK stuff correctly?

No, the plugin SDK is fine.

> Sorry for the stupidity - this is my first time.

There's no stupidity here; C/C++ development always involves these
sorts of issues. You should have seen me the first half-dozen times
I tried to make a project in Project Builder... and even now, I have
to flail around quite a lot to accomplish things that should be very
simple. Just be persistent and you'll get it eventually.

Cheers,
- Joe

Re: LongProcessor
Date: 26.09.02 16:11 (Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:11:22 -0400)
From: Frederick Vollmer
>At 9:34 AM -0400 9/26/02, Scott Griebel wrote:
>
>>So it seems that the LongProcessor example is rather bare bones, so I
>>thought I would try to build it.
>
>Good plan.
>
>> However, I get the errors:
>>
>>Could not find or load the file "MSL_Runtime_PPC.Lib" ...
>>Could not find or load the file "CarbonLib" ...
>>
>>Is this because my CodeWarrior is not configured correctly?
>
>Yep (or at least, not configured the same as the CodeWarrior
>installation where that project was last updated).
>
>> Or did I not install everything I needed from the Apple Developer Tools CD?
>
>MSL is Metrowerks Standard Library; it is part of the CodeWarrior
>installation, and not from Apple.
>
>CarbonLib is from Apple, though. You'll need to find that (or
>CarbonLibStub) and put it somewhere in the project's access paths.
>
>>Or did I not install the RB plugin SDK stuff correctly?
>
>No, the plugin SDK is fine.
>
>> Sorry for the stupidity - this is my first time.
>
>There's no stupidity here; C/C++ development always involves these
>sorts of issues. You should have seen me the first half-dozen times
>I tried to make a project in Project Builder... and even now, I have
>to flail around quite a lot to accomplish things that should be very
>simple. Just be persistent and you'll get it eventually.
>
>Cheers,
>- Joe
>

Just for the record, I tried to get LongProcessor to compile last
April, but eventually gave up. Last week, however, I sat down
determined to make it run - and I got it to compile! Then I went
through the same long process :> to get it to compile on my home
machine, another six hours, but I did eventually get it. I was so
excited my wife thought I was nuts - "I just compiled my first
REALbasic plugin in CodeWarrior!".

I updated CW 7 to 7.1, then to 7.2. Then I downloaded the following
files from Apple:

CarbonLib_1.5GM_SDK.img
UniversalHeaders3.4.1.img
UniversalInterfaces3.4.1.img

I don't really know if you need both, or either, of the last two.
Then I fixed the paths in CW. A resulting compile error can be fixed
by defining:

#define NULL 0L

in the offending header file (a tip from Alfred Van Hoek - thanks!).

The up side is that once it compiles you can use it as a template. I
got one of Thomas Templeman's PPC/68k plugins to compile by plugging
in the C code (thanks Thomas!). Now I'll try to work on converting my
own matrix routines...

Good luck!

Cheers,
Frederick

---
A searchable archive of this list is available at:
<http://dbserver.realsoftware.com/KBDB/search.php>

Unsubscribe:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Subscribe to the digest:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Re: LongProcessor
Date: 27.09.02 03:02 (Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:02:42 -0400)
From: Scott Griebel
Thanks guys! After getting these libraries everything worked fine!

Scott

On 9/26/02 11:11 AM, "Frederick Vollmer" <<email address removed>> wrote:

>
> Just for the record, I tried to get LongProcessor to compile last
> April, but eventually gave up. Last week, however, I sat down
> determined to make it run - and I got it to compile! Then I went
> through the same long process :> to get it to compile on my home
> machine, another six hours, but I did eventually get it. I was so
> excited my wife thought I was nuts - "I just compiled my first
> REALbasic plugin in CodeWarrior!".
>
> I updated CW 7 to 7.1, then to 7.2. Then I downloaded the following
> files from Apple:
>
> CarbonLib_1.5GM_SDK.img
> UniversalHeaders3.4.1.img
> UniversalInterfaces3.4.1.img
>
> I don't really know if you need both, or either, of the last two.
> Then I fixed the paths in CW. A resulting compile error can be fixed
> by defining:
>
> #define NULL 0L
>
> in the offending header file (a tip from Alfred Van Hoek - thanks!).
>
> The up side is that once it compiles you can use it as a template. I
> got one of Thomas Templeman's PPC/68k plugins to compile by plugging
> in the C code (thanks Thomas!). Now I'll try to work on converting my
> own matrix routines...
>
> Good luck!
>
> Cheers,
> Frederick
>
> ---
> A searchable archive of this list is available at:
> <http://dbserver.realsoftware.com/KBDB/search.php>
> Unsubscribe:
> <mailto:<email address removed>>
> Subscribe to the digest:
> <mailto:<email address removed>>

---
A searchable archive of this list is available at:
<http://dbserver.realsoftware.com/KBDB/search.php>

Unsubscribe:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Subscribe to the digest:
<mailto:<email address removed>>