Xojo Conferences
XDCMay2019MiamiUSA

Codewarrior (Real Studio Plugins Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: The correct way to embed a control
Next thread: Speeding up Debug Printing (Was Re: USB support)


Re: class extensions...   -   Jan Erik Moström <
  Codewarrior   -   Scott Griebel
   Re: Codewarrior   -   Ruslan Zasukhin
    Re: Codewarrior   -   Scott Griebel
     Re: Codewarrior   -   Kevin Ballard
   Re: Codewarrior   -   Joseph J. Strout
   Re: Codewarrior   -   Christian Schmitz

Codewarrior
Date: 28.09.02 18:32 (Sat, 28 Sep 2002 13:32:07 -0400)
From: Scott Griebel
Perhaps trying to port a unix terminal app to a mac gui is not a good
project for a VB programmer new to both realbasic and codewarrior. But...

Now that I got the LongProcessor plugin to compile (and was able to add some
of my own test functions to it), I am now trying to get around to the point
of the project which is to put a mac gui on a large unix c code terminal
output project.

My steps have been/will be this:

1. to make sure the c-code makes the mac happy: compile unix code from mac
os x command line and see terminal output (done - easy actually - just had
to tweak the makefile a little bit)
2. to make sure my codewarrior setup is realbasic compatible: create test
plugin for realbasic using code warrior (done - not so easy, not so hard)
3. to make sure codewarrior likes my c code: get codewarrior to compile
with c code to make a standard c console app (in progress - taking forever!)
4. to start on the gui: add realbasic access to codewarrior project to
access power of c code in realbasic. (not started yet)

So as far as step 3 goes - I spent about a week getting the c code (tons of
it) to compile with a simple main function (just print "Hello World") that
doesn¹t even call any of it. Apparently the windows version of codewarrior
has a Makefile importer that would have made my life MUCH easier, but on the
Mac, it was not. Anyway, after tweaking and tweaking the compile
parameters, I finally got the thing to comiple. My console app just pops up
and displays nothing. Where can I go for help on this?

My CodeWarrior 7 hangs when I try to debug (doh!).

But if everything is compiling and the console seems to be displayed with no
problems, why is my "Hello World" not visible? I realize this is much more
of a codewarrior question than a realbasic question, but you guys are quick
and newsgroups take too long!

Thanks,
Scott

---
A searchable archive of this list is available at:
<http://dbserver.realsoftware.com/KBDB/search.php>

Unsubscribe:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Subscribe to the digest:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Re: Codewarrior
Date: 28.09.02 19:05 (Sat, 28 Sep 2002 21:05:49 +0300)
From: Ruslan Zasukhin
on 9/28/02 8:32 PM, Scott Griebel at <email address removed> wrote:

> Perhaps trying to port a unix terminal app to a mac gui is not a good
> project for a VB programmer new to both realbasic and codewarrior.

I just wonder, what for ?

X has own terminal with GUI

Re: Codewarrior
Date: 28.09.02 19:12 (Sat, 28 Sep 2002 14:12:33 -0400)
From: Scott Griebel
The unix program has no gui. Just terminal output of a bunch of engineering
calculations as determined by calls to the huge underlying codebase from
main(). Therefore, I can build a gui on mac or unix so I choose mac.

Scott

On 9/28/02 2:05 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <<email address removed>> wrote:

> on 9/28/02 8:32 PM, Scott Griebel at <email address removed> wrote:
>
>> Perhaps trying to port a unix terminal app to a mac gui is not a good
>> project for a VB programmer new to both realbasic and codewarrior.
>
> I just wonder, what for ?
>
> X has own terminal with GUI
>

---
A searchable archive of this list is available at:
<http://dbserver.realsoftware.com/KBDB/search.php>

Unsubscribe:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Subscribe to the digest:
<mailto:<email address removed>>

Re: Codewarrior
Date: 28.09.02 19:15 (Sat, 28 Sep 2002 14:15:17 -0400)
From: Kevin Ballard
You could use the shell class in RELAbasic

On Saturday, September 28, 2002, at 02:12 PM, Scott Griebel wrote:

> The unix program has no gui. Just terminal output of a bunch of
> engineering
> calculations as determined by calls to the huge underlying codebase
> from
> main(). Therefore, I can build a gui on mac or unix so I choose mac.

Re: Codewarrior
Date: 28.09.02 21:02 (Sat, 28 Sep 2002 13:02:31 -0700)
From: Joseph J. Strout
At 1:32 PM -0400 9/28/02, Scott Griebel wrote:

>Now that I got the LongProcessor plugin to compile (and was able to add some
>of my own test functions to it), I am now trying to get around to the point
>of the project which is to put a mac gui on a large unix c code terminal
>output project.

Have you considered the much simpler approach, of leaving your
terminal app a Unix C-code terminal app, and simply interacting with
it via the Shell class? Of course this will only work in OS X, but
that's where all the action is these days anyway...

Best,
- Joe

Re: Codewarrior
Date: 28.09.02 21:46 (Sat, 28 Sep 2002 22:46:38 +0200)
From: Christian Schmitz
> 3. to make sure codewarrior likes my c code: get codewarrior to compile
> with c code to make a standard c console app (in progress - taking forever!)

Why? Just make a new project and choose "Mac OS", "C" and "Console". You
get one including all libraries needed to output to a console window.

Mfg
Christian