Xojo Conferences
XDCMay2019MiamiUSA

error in windows compile (Real Studio Plugins Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: FEATURE: enums, enums and enums.
Next thread: Shell script for makeing res file?


macosx and unix paths   -   GOLD
  error in windows compile   -   Alexander Cohen
   Re: error in windows compile   -   William Yu
    Re: error in windows compile   -   Alexander Cohen
     Re: error in windows compile   -   William Yu
    Re: error in windows compile   -   Brad Hutchings

error in windows compile
Date: 14.06.04 16:53 (Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:53:26 -0400)
From: Alexander Cohen
Hi,

I've built a plugin for windows and mac. It compiles fine, and i can
use it from rb to build a mac and a windows app. When i bring the
windows app over to my win box and run it, i get a cannot find plugin
entry error. Any ideas on what might cause this and how i can fix it?

thanks!

Alex

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: error in windows compile
Date: 14.06.04 19:51 (Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:51:11 -0500)
From: William Yu
On 6/14/04 10:53 AM, "Alexander Cohen" <<email address removed>> wrote:

> I've built a plugin for windows and mac. It compiles fine, and i can
> use it from rb to build a mac and a windows app. When i bring the
> windows app over to my win box and run it, i get a cannot find plugin
> entry error. Any ideas on what might cause this and how i can fix it?

Is it a failed assertion you're getting? Can you describe it in more
detail, i.e. is it complaining that it can't find a plugin method? Make
sure you compiled a DLL and not an executable, make sure you don't have
target specific blocks where there shouldn't be. If you have the Windows
IDE, (try the demo if you don't), copy the DLL into the plugins folder and
see if the Windows IDE likes it.

Regards,
William Yu
<email address removed>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: error in windows compile
Date: 15.06.04 20:27 (Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:27:11 -0400)
From: Alexander Cohen
On Jun 14, 2004, at 2:51 PM, William Yu wrote:

> On 6/14/04 10:53 AM, "Alexander Cohen" <<email address removed>> wrote:
>
>> I've built a plugin for windows and mac. It compiles fine, and i can
>> use it from rb to build a mac and a windows app. When i bring the
>> windows app over to my win box and run it, i get a cannot find plugin
>> entry error. Any ideas on what might cause this and how i can fix it?
>
> Is it a failed assertion you're getting?

Yes, that is what im getting.

> Can you describe it in more
> detail, i.e. is it complaining that it can't find a plugin method?

Yes, it cant find a plugin global method.

> Make
> sure you compiled a DLL and not an executable,

it is a DLL.

> make sure you don't have
> target specific blocks where there shouldn't be.

All is good here!

Why would a function not be included in the plugin?

Alex

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: error in windows compile
Date: 15.06.04 20:34 (Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:34:49 -0500)
From: William Yu
On 6/15/04 2:27 PM, "Alexander Cohen" <<email address removed>> wrote:

>> Can you describe it in more
>> detail, i.e. is it complaining that it can't find a plugin method?
>
> Yes, it cant find a plugin global method.

Sounds like we can't find the function REALPluginMain, or it's not exported.
I'd imagine your PluginEntry function isn't getting called on Windows. Make
sure you've included PluginMain.cpp in your Windows target.

>> Make
>> sure you compiled a DLL and not an executable,
>
> it is a DLL.

Sorry, had to make sure. ;)

Regards,
William Yu
<email address removed>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: error in windows compile
Date: 15.06.04 22:55 (Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:55:37 -0700)
From: Brad Hutchings
Are you using the Plugin Converter to make an rbx? This sounds a lot
like a problem I ran into when I switched the carbon output of my CW
project to generate a shared library instead of a code resource. See my
message a few back about adding a line to the source of the Plugin
Converter to make sure it doesn't get confused when mixing resources
and libraries.

Or, build a traditional plugin (merged resources) and see how that
works.

-Brad

On Jun 15, 2004, at 12:27 PM, Alexander Cohen wrote:

> On Jun 14, 2004, at 2:51 PM, William Yu wrote:
>
>> On 6/14/04 10:53 AM, "Alexander Cohen" <<email address removed>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've built a plugin for windows and mac. It compiles fine, and i can
>>> use it from rb to build a mac and a windows app. When i bring the
>>> windows app over to my win box and run it, i get a cannot find plugin
>>> entry error. Any ideas on what might cause this and how i can fix it?
>>
>> Is it a failed assertion you're getting?
>
> Yes, that is what im getting.
>
>> Can you describe it in more
>> detail, i.e. is it complaining that it can't find a plugin method?
>
> Yes, it cant find a plugin global method.
>
>> Make
>> sure you compiled a DLL and not an executable,
>
> it is a DLL.
>
>> make sure you don't have
>> target specific blocks where there shouldn't be.
>
> All is good here!
>
> Why would a function not be included in the plugin?
>
> Alex

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>