Xojo Conferences
XDCMay2019MiamiUSA

REALconstant problem (Real Studio Plugins Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: REALGetProjectFolder crash
Next thread: REALdbDatabase


macosx and unix paths   -   GOLD
  REALconstant problem   -   Ashukla in.safenet-inc.com
   Re: REALconstant problem   -   Joseph J. Strout
   Re: REALconstant problem   -   Einhugur Software
   Re: REALconstant problem   -   Einhugur Software

REALconstant problem
Date: 30.06.04 14:11 (Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:41:31 +0530)
From: Ashukla in.safenet-inc.com
Can i export a constant such as

REALconstant myconstant = {
{ "hexconst = 0xffff" }
};

would this export an hexadecimal value and can i export string constants to
realbasic

Thanks in Advance

Alok Shukla
Software Engineer
Safenet Incorporation
India Development Center
Ground Floor, STP-NSIC
NSIC Bhawan, Okhla Industrial Estate
New Delhi 110020
Tel: +91 11 26321398 Mobile - +91 - 9899612127

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission may be
privileged and confidential, and therefore, protected from disclosure. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer without
copying or disclosing it.


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: REALconstant problem
Date: 30.06.04 14:43 (Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:43:57 -0500)
From: Joseph J. Strout
At 6:41 PM +0530 6/30/04, <email address removed> wrote:

>Can i export a constant such as
>
>REALconstant myconstant = {
> { "hexconst = 0xffff" }
>};

No, because 0xffff isn't a valid RB value. Try "hexconst = &hFFFF" instead.

> and can i export string constants to realbasic

Sure.

Best,
- Joe

Re: REALconstant problem
Date: 30.06.04 19:30 (Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:30:28 +0000)
From: Einhugur Software
Why do the following constants both return zero from within REALbasic ?
?

{"NO_ERROR = 0"},
{"DEST_FILE_IS_NIL = -1003"}

> At 6:41 PM +0530 6/30/04, <email address removed> wrote:
>
>> Can i export a constant such as
>>
>> REALconstant myconstant = {
>> { "hexconst = 0xffff" }
>> };
>
> No, because 0xffff isn't a valid RB value. Try "hexconst = &hFFFF"
> instead.
>
>> and can i export string constants to realbasic
>
> Sure.
>
> Best,
> - Joe
>
> --
> ,------------------------------------------------------------------.
> | Joseph J. Strout REAL Software, Inc. |
> | <email address removed> http://www.realsoftware.com |
> `------------------------------------------------------------------'
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
> <http://support.realsoftware.com/listmanager/>
> Search the archives of this list here:
> <http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: REALconstant problem
Date: 30.06.04 19:37 (Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:37:20 +0000)
From: Einhugur Software

On 30.6.2004, at 18:30, Einhugur Software wrote:

removing the minus "-" made it return 1003, it seems that negative
constants are broken.

> Why do the following constants both return zero from within REALbasic
> ? ?
>
> {"NO_ERROR = 0"},
> {"DEST_FILE_IS_NIL = -1003"}
>
>> At 6:41 PM +0530 6/30/04, <email address removed> wrote:
>>
>>> Can i export a constant such as
>>>
>>> REALconstant myconstant = {
>>> { "hexconst = 0xffff" }
>>> };
>>
>> No, because 0xffff isn't a valid RB value. Try "hexconst = &hFFFF"
>> instead.
>>
>>> and can i export string constants to realbasic
>>
>> Sure.
>>
>> Best,
>> - Joe
>>
>> --
>> ,------------------------------------------------------------------.
>> | Joseph J. Strout REAL Software, Inc. |
>> | <email address removed> http://www.realsoftware.com |
>> `------------------------------------------------------------------'
>> _______________________________________________
>> Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
>> <http://support.realsoftware.com/listmanager/>
>>
>> Search the archives of this list here:
>> <http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>
>>
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
> <http://support.realsoftware.com/listmanager/>
> Search the archives of this list here:
> <http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>