Xojo Conferences
XDCMay2019MiamiUSA

Business Graphics (Real Studio Plugins Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: GCC 4.0 - Pre 10.3.9 support - what to do
Next thread: Path of plugins folder


macosx and unix paths   -   GOLD
  Business Graphics   -   Ruth Watkins
   Re: Business Graphics   -   Joseph J. Strout
   Re: Business Graphics   -   Christian Schmitz
   Re: Business Graphics   -   Ruth Watkins
    Re: Business Graphics   -   Will Leshner

Business Graphics
Date: 16.06.05 20:31 (Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:31:22 -0600)
From: Ruth Watkins

Does RB have a charting object that can be used to graph a recordset
obtained from the Oracle Database (several 1000 points) directly onto the
canvas (and then to the printer if the user chooses)? We have been using
the Microsoft Chart Object to do this in VB6, but would like to get away
from VB6.

Also:

Are there examples somewhere of using RB to cause EXCEL to graph on sheet2
the data RB obtained from Oracle and placed on sheet1 of an EXCEL
spreadsheet. This is also something we do fairly often with VB6, returning
the entire spreadsheet to the users desktop. I need to duplicate the
capability.

Thanks.

Ruth Watkins

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: Business Graphics
Date: 16.06.05 21:19 (Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:19:50 -0500)
From: Joseph J. Strout
At 1:31 PM -0600 6/16/05, Ruth Watkins wrote:

>Does RB have a charting object that can be used to graph a recordset
>obtained from the Oracle Database (several 1000 points) directly
>onto the canvas (and then to the printer if the user chooses)? We
>have been using the Microsoft Chart Object to do this in VB6, but
>would like to get away from VB6.

It doesn't have a charting object built in. If your graphing needs
are simple, you might simply draw it yourself (to a Canvas on screen,
and to the printer context to print). Or, you might consider one of
the third-party solutions, such as Graph Pro:
<http://www.macsos.com.au/shareware/graphpro/>.

Best,
- Joe

Re: Business Graphics
Date: 16.06.05 21:20 (Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:20:34 +0200)
From: Christian Schmitz
Ruth Watkins <<email address removed>> wrote:

> Does RB have a charting object that can be used to graph a recordset
> obtained from the Oracle Database (several 1000 points) directly onto the
> canvas (and then to the printer if the user chooses)?

No.
And by the way, this is the wrong list to ask this.

Mfg
Christian

Re: Business Graphics
Date: 16.06.05 21:25 (Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:25:31 -0600)
From: Ruth Watkins
Could you tell me what list to use? I thought it would be this one because
I had to use the Oracle plugin.

At 10:20 PM 6/16/2005 +0200, you wrote:
>Ruth Watkins <<email address removed>> wrote:
>
> > Does RB have a charting object that can be used to graph a recordset
> > obtained from the Oracle Database (several 1000 points) directly onto the
> > canvas (and then to the printer if the user chooses)?
>
>No.
>And by the way, this is the wrong list to ask this.
>
>Mfg
>Christian
>
>--
>Around ten thousand functions in one REALbasic plug-in. The MBS Plugin.
><http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/plugins.shtml>
>_______________________________________________
>Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
><http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>
>Search the archives of this list here:
><http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>

Re: Business Graphics
Date: 16.06.05 21:31 (Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:31:50 -0700)
From: Will Leshner
Ruth Watkins wrote:
> Could you tell me what list to use? I thought it would be this one
> because I had to use the Oracle plugin.

The NUG is the correct list. This list isn't for plugin users, it is for
plugin authors.
_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe or switch delivery mode:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/support/listmanager/>

Search the archives of this list here:
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/lists.html>