Xojo Developer Conference
25/27th April 2018 in Denver.
MBS Xojo Conference
6/7th September 2018 in Munich, Germany.

[MBS] HTMLRendering (MBS Xojo Plugin Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: [MBS] Improve image stretch algorithms under Windows?
Next thread: [MBS] Keychain


Re: [MBS] 3.1pr1   -   Christian Schmitz
  [MBS] HTMLRendering   -   Juergen Schreck
   Re: [MBS] HTMLRendering   -   Christian Schmitz
    Re: [MBS] HTMLRendering   -   Juergen Schreck
     Re: [MBS] HTMLRendering   -   Christian Schmitz
      Re: [MBS] HTMLRendering   -   Juergen Schreck
       Re: [MBS] HTMLRendering   -   Christian Schmitz

[MBS] HTMLRendering
Date: 14.01.03 16:37 (Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:37:32 -0600)
From: Juergen Schreck
Hi,

Since I downloaded Safari, the GotoURL method doesn't rendering in the
HTMLViewer anymore, but rather opens Safari. Was the proper way to
circumvent that?

Thanks,
Juergen

Re: [MBS] HTMLRendering
Date: 14.01.03 17:05 (Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:05:35 +0100)
From: Christian Schmitz
> Hi,
>
> Since I downloaded Safari, the GotoURL method doesn't rendering in the
> HTMLViewer anymore, but rather opens Safari. Was the proper way to
> circumvent that?

Can you give an example URL?
Can you compare to the URL to one of the HTMLUtilURLFromFile function?

Mfg
Christian

Re: [MBS] HTMLRendering
Date: 14.01.03 18:39 (Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:39:34 -0600)
From: Juergen Schreck
On 1/14/03 10:05 AM, "Christian Schmitz" <<email address removed>>
wrote:

> Can you give an example URL?
Christian - ANY http:// URL. I just use your example app. Type in a URL like
'http://www.apple.com/' and it'll launch the default browser, specified in
the Internet Prefs.

File and string URL render in the renderer. Just Goto URL is switching to
the default browser.

> Can you compare to the URL to one of the HTMLUtilURLFromFile function?

Ummm - what do you mean?

Juergen

Re: [MBS] HTMLRendering
Date: 14.01.03 19:18 (Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:18:09 +0100)
From: Christian Schmitz
> On 1/14/03 10:05 AM, "Christian Schmitz" <<email address removed>>
> wrote:
>
> > Can you give an example URL?
> Christian - ANY http:// URL. I just use your example app. Type in a URL like
> 'http://www.apple.com/' and it'll launch the default browser, specified in
> the Internet Prefs.

That's the correct behavior as the RenderLib can't download files from
the web. If you intercept it in the Callback to download a file and
redirect it to the cache after downloading this works.

Mfg
Christain

Re: [MBS] HTMLRendering
Date: 15.01.03 04:13 (Tue, 14 Jan 2003 21:13:34 -0600)
From: Juergen Schreck
On 1/14/03 12:18 PM, "Christian Schmitz" <<email address removed>>
wrote:

> That's the correct behavior as the RenderLib can't download files from
> the web. If you intercept it in the Callback to download a file and
> redirect it to the cache after downloading this works.

So how this would work is to download the url e.g. with QT file transfer and
then open it as a file? If so, no problem 'cept I'm not liking the
folderitem detour. Is there a way to have QT file transfer return the
results in a string and pass that on?

Thanks,
Juergen

Re: [MBS] HTMLRendering
Date: 15.01.03 11:51 (Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:51:00 +0100)
From: Christian Schmitz
> So how this would work is to download the url e.g. with QT file transfer and
> then open it as a file? If so, no problem 'cept I'm not liking the
> folderitem detour. Is there a way to have QT file transfer return the
> results in a string and pass that on?

Currently downloading to a string is not supported, but feel free to
request it.
Or try HTTPSocket or EasyHTTP.

Mfg
Christian