Xojo Developer Conference
25/27th April 2018 in Denver.
MBS Xojo Conference
6/7th September 2018 in Munich, Germany.

[MBS] Stuffit comeing back... (MBS Xojo Plugin Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: [MBS] JPEG crashes?
Next thread: [MBS] GetVolumeMBS and SetVolumeMBS


Re: [MBS] MIDI Destinations and External Devices   -   Ron Benditt
  [MBS] Stuffit comeing back...   -   Christian Schmitz
   Re: [MBS] Stuffit comeing back...   -   David Harris
   Re: [MBS] Stuffit comeing back...   -   Kim Robertson
   [MBS] Re: Stuffit comeing back   -   lveillette

[MBS] Stuffit comeing back...
Date: 06.01.05 21:36 (Thu, 6 Jan 2005 21:36:35 +0100)
From: Christian Schmitz
Hi,

I will include the old Stuffit plugin in the 5.0 plugins but I will
rename the classes.

e.g. StuffitEngineMBS -> Stuffit6EngineMBS.

And I will look on makeing a Stuffit9 Plugin.

If you want that, could you list which stuff you need there exactly?
I don't really like to make a plugin with a few hundred functions if
only 5 are needed ;-)

Mfg
Christian

Re: [MBS] Stuffit comeing back...
Date: 07.01.05 02:59 (Thu, 6 Jan 2005 20:59:07 -0500)
From: David Harris
On Jan 6, 2005, at 3:36 PM, Christian Schmitz wrote:

> And I will look on makeing a Stuffit9 Plugin.
>
> If you want that, could you list which stuff you need there exactly?
> I don't really like to make a plugin with a few hundred functions if
> only 5 are needed ;-)

Hello Christian

Speaking for myself, I really don't need anything more than is in your
Stuffit Demo example project. I have not been able to make this work on
my Mac for some reason (wrong Stuffit version maybe?) so I haven't
looked further into your Stuffit functions, but typically my users
don't get too sophisticated when stuffing files. All they need to do
is, for example, stuff files they've collected in Quark so they can FTP
an ad to different newspapers. They don't usually get into the niceties
of settings like compression levels and so on; default settings are OK
to them. They could zip their files, but stuffing is what they're used
to doing and that's what most of them are comfortable with. Un-stuffing
isn't really a requirement either; most recipients already have a way
to handle this.

I hope this doesn't sound too naive and simplistic to the list; I don't
come from a programming background. I work in printing and publishing
and I'm learning how to use REALbasic to handle some needs. I may be
overlooking some things that more-experienced people know are
necessary, and maybe others need more functions than I do.

Thanks
David Harris

_______________________________________________
Mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info mailing list
<email address removed>
http://ml01.ispgateway.de/mailman/listinfo/mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info

Re: [MBS] Stuffit comeing back...
Date: 07.01.05 04:59 (Fri, 7 Jan 2005 16:59:56 +1300)
From: Kim Robertson
Hi,

For me the only functions that I would currently look at using would be:
Unstuffing, Decompressing Zip/Rar files and creating zipfiles.

From Kim

On 7/01/2005, at 9:36 AM, Christian Schmitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I will include the old Stuffit plugin in the 5.0 plugins but I will
> rename the classes.
>
> e.g. StuffitEngineMBS -> Stuffit6EngineMBS.
>
> And I will look on makeing a Stuffit9 Plugin.
>
> If you want that, could you list which stuff you need there exactly?
> I don't really like to make a plugin with a few hundred functions if
> only 5 are needed ;-)
>
> Mfg
> Christian
>
> --
> Nine thousand functions in one REALbasic plug-in. The MBS Plugin.
> <http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/plugins.shtml>
> _______________________________________________
> Mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info mailing list
> <email address removed>
> http://ml01.ispgateway.de/mailman/listinfo/
> mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info
>

_______________________________________________
Mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info mailing list
<email address removed>
http://ml01.ispgateway.de/mailman/listinfo/mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info

[MBS] Re: Stuffit comeing back
Date: 07.01.05 13:35 (Fri, 07 Jan 2005 07:35:39 -0500)
From: lveillette
As far as I'm concerned, if you can keep everything like it is already as
much possible, As far as I know, It seems to exploits pretty much every
useful feature in the stuffit engine.

Maybe just check for the status events that don't seem to fire, but even
then, maybe it's my own code that doesn't do it right.

> If you want that, could you list which stuff you need there exactly?
> I don't really like to make a plugin with a few hundred functions if
> only 5 are needed ;-)

Louis

_______________________________________________
Mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info mailing list
<email address removed>
http://ml01.ispgateway.de/mailman/listinfo/mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info