Xojo Conferences
XDCMay2019MiamiUSA

[MBS] 8.2pr11 (MBS Xojo Plugin Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: [MBS] 8.2pr12
Next thread: [MBS] Conflict between ChartDirector and QuickTime movie functions


RE: [MBS] DOM classes for Mac OS X HTMLViewer   -   Giovanni
  [MBS] 8.2pr11   -   Christian Schmitz
   Re: [MBS] 8.2pr11   -   Dennis Birch
    Re: [MBS] 8.2pr11   -   Christian Schmitz
     Re: [MBS] 8.2pr11   -   Dennis Birch
      Re: [MBS] 8.2pr11   -   Christian Schmitz

[MBS] 8.2pr11
Date: 03.04.08 16:44 (Thu, 3 Apr 2008 17:44:29 +0200)
From: Christian Schmitz
Hi,

* Added NSStatusItemMBS.Window and NSStatusItemMBS.View.
* Added CDBaseChartMBS.makeChart as picture and CDDrawAreaMBS.out as
picture for a better integration of ChartDirector into REALbasic.
* Added BMPStringtoPictureMBS function.
* Added NSPanelMBS and NSWindowMBS class. Some plugin classes are now
subclasses of this new class.
* Fixed DateDifferenceMBS class to work better. Sometimes it was off by
one day.

I hope this change with the NSPanel class does not have any bad side
effects. For me it makes code easier as I have now less duplicate code
to give all of the Panels the same properties and methods.

Gruß
Christian

-

Re: [MBS] 8.2pr11
Date: 03.04.08 17:13 (Thu, 3 Apr 2008 09:13:59 -0700)
From: Dennis Birch
On Apr 3, 2008, at 8:44 AM, Christian Schmitz wrote:
> I hope this change with the NSPanel class does not have any bad side
> effects. For me it makes code easier as I have now less duplicate code
> to give all of the Panels the same properties and methods.

Does this affect the NSOpenPanelMBS class? Have you had a chance to
look at the example project I sent you a few days ago which shows the
problem with my attempts at using MacTypes for filtering files in an
NSOpenPanelMBS instance?
_______________________________________________
Mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info mailing list
<email address removed>
http://ml01.ispgateway.de/mailman/listinfo/mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info

Re: [MBS] 8.2pr11
Date: 03.04.08 17:56 (Thu, 3 Apr 2008 18:56:15 +0200)
From: Christian Schmitz
Dennis Birch <<email address removed>> wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2008, at 8:44 AM, Christian Schmitz wrote:
> > I hope this change with the NSPanel class does not have any bad side
> > effects. For me it makes code easier as I have now less duplicate code
> > to give all of the Panels the same properties and methods.
>
> Does this affect the NSOpenPanelMBS class?

No. I did not yet change the NSSavePanelMBS to be a subclass of
NSPanelMBS, but I will do that soon.

> Have you had a chance to look at the example project I sent you a few days
> ago which shows the problem with my attempts at using MacTypes for
> filtering files in an NSOpenPanelMBS instance?

Well I have no idea on how to get MacTypes in filters for NSOpenPanel.
I've not found a Cocoa sample for that.

Gruß
CHristian

-

Re: [MBS] 8.2pr11
Date: 03.04.08 19:20 (Thu, 3 Apr 2008 11:20:45 -0700)
From: Dennis Birch
On Apr 3, 2008, at 9:56 AM, Christian Schmitz wrote:
>> Have you had a chance to look at the example project I sent you a
>> few days
>> ago which shows the problem with my attempts at using MacTypes for
>> filtering files in an NSOpenPanelMBS instance?
>
> Well I have no idea on how to get MacTypes in filters for NSOpenPanel.
> I've not found a Cocoa sample for that.

Then it sounds like you need to change references like this in your
documentation:

NSOpenPanelMBS.beginForDirectory(path as folderitem, name as string,
filetypes() as string)

<SNIP>

fileTypes:
Array of file extensions and/or HFS file types. Specifies the files
the panel allows the user to select. An empty array makes all files in
path selectable by the user.

_______________________________________________
Mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info mailing list
<email address removed>
http://ml01.ispgateway.de/mailman/listinfo/mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info

Re: [MBS] 8.2pr11
Date: 03.04.08 20:28 (Thu, 3 Apr 2008 21:28:32 +0200)
From: Christian Schmitz
Dennis Birch <<email address removed>> wrote:

> Then it sounds like you need to change references like this in your
> documentation:

That is a copy of Apples documentation and I bet it works somehow.

Oh, I just found NSFileTypeForHFSTypeCode which should help here.

I'll add it as a shared method there.

Gruß
Christian

-