Xojo Developer Conference
25/27th April 2018 in Denver.
MBS Xojo Conference
6/7th September 2018 in Munich, Germany.

[MBS] Subclassing FSEventsMBS (MBS Xojo Plugin Mailinglist archive)

Previous thread: [MBS] Sending a picture from on OS to another
Next thread: [MBS] CURLSMBS problem

Re: [MBS] Writing to /Library/Preferences in Lion   -   Garth Hjelte
  [MBS] Subclassing FSEventsMBS   -   Mr Lee Badham
   Re: [MBS] Subclassing FSEventsMBS   -   Mr Lee Badham
   Re: [MBS] Subclassing FSEventsMBS   -   Mr Lee Badham
   Re: [MBS] Subclassing FSEventsMBS   -   Christian Schmitz

[MBS] Subclassing FSEventsMBS
Date: 23.01.14 11:51 (Thu, 23 Jan 2014 10:51:46 +0000)
From: Mr Lee Badham

When I use this I get a ‘This method requires more parameters’ error.

Private Sub Constructor(argpath as folderitem, argtimer as hotfolderpolltmer)
// Calling the overridden superclass constructor.
// Possible constructor calls:

me.hottimer = argtimer

End Sub

Not sure what’s wrong, any ideas?

Regards,

Lee Badham

Bodoni Systems Ltd

Mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info mailing list
<email address removed>

Re: [MBS] Subclassing FSEventsMBS
Date: 23.01.14 12:06 (Thu, 23 Jan 2014 11:06:41 +0000)
From: Mr Lee Badham
Thanks a lot,

I’ve just seen the same thing.

Lee

On 23 Jan 2014, at 11:03, Christian Schmitz <<email address removed>> wrote:

> Am 23.01.2014 um 11:51 schrieb Mr Lee Badham <<email address removed>>:
>> Hi I’m trying to subclass a FSEvents class so I can use the Callback event to talk to a timer.
>> When I use this I get a ‘This method requires more parameters’ error.
>> Private Sub Constructor(argpath as folderitem, argtimer as hotfolderpolltmer)
>> me.hottimer = argtimer
>> Super.Constructor(argpath,FSEventsMBS.kFSEventStreamEventIdSinceNow,1,FSEventsMBS.kFSEventStreamCreateFlagNone)
> dim sinceWhen As UInt64 = &hFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF // kFSEventStreamEventIdSinceNow
> dim Flags as integer = FSEventsMBS.kFSEventStreamCreateFlagNone
> Super.Constructor(argpath, sinceWhen,1 , flags)
> the problem is that the constant &hFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF is recognized by xojo as a string.
> Problem is a bug in Xojo. I reported it as case 31877.
> feedback://showreport?report_id=31877
> Sincerely
> Christian
> --
> Read our blog about news on our plugins:
> http://www.mbsplugins.de/
> _______________________________________________
> Mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info mailing list
> <email address removed>
> https://ml01.ispgateway.de/mailman/listinfo/mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info

Regards,

Lee Badham

Bodoni Systems Ltd

+44 (0)1923 220530

Mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info mailing list
<email address removed>

Re: [MBS] Subclassing FSEventsMBS
Date: 23.01.14 12:05 (Thu, 23 Jan 2014 11:05:34 +0000)
From: Mr Lee Badham
Ahhhh,

Wrong parameter….

Don’t use

FSEventsMBS.kFSEventStreamEventIdSinceNow

But use

FSEventsMBS.GetCurrentEventId

Nothing wrong with the Constructor.

Lee

On 23 Jan 2014, at 10:51, Mr Lee Badham <<email address removed>> wrote:

> When I use this I get a ‘This method requires more parameters’ error.
> Private Sub Constructor(argpath as folderitem, argtimer as hotfolderpolltmer)
> // Calling the overridden superclass constructor.
> // Note that this may need modifications if there are multiple constructor choices.
> // Possible constructor calls:
> // Constructor(path As folderitem, sinceWhen As UInt64, latency As double, flags As integer) -- From FSEventsMBS
> // Constructor(paths() As folderitem, sinceWhen As UInt64, latency As double, flags As integer) -- From FSEventsMBS
> // Constructor(path As string, sinceWhen As UInt64, latency As double, flags As integer) -- From FSEventsMBS
> // Constructor(paths() As string, sinceWhen As UInt64, latency As double, flags As integer) -- From FSEventsMBS
> // Constructor(DeviceToWatch As integer, path As string, sinceWhen As UInt64, latency As double, flags As integer) -- From FSEventsMBS
> // Constructor(DeviceToWatch As integer, paths() As string, sinceWhen As UInt64, latency As double, flags As integer) -- From FSEventsMBS
> me.hottimer = argtimer
> End Sub
> Not sure what’s wrong, any ideas?
> Regards,
> Lee Badham
> Bodoni Systems Ltd
> _______________________________________________
> Mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info mailing list
> <email address removed>

Regards,

Lee Badham

Bodoni Systems Ltd

Mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info mailing list
<email address removed>

Re: [MBS] Subclassing FSEventsMBS
Date: 23.01.14 12:03 (Thu, 23 Jan 2014 12:03:34 +0100)
From: Christian Schmitz

Am 23.01.2014 um 11:51 schrieb Mr Lee Badham <<email address removed>>:

> When I use this I get a ‘This method requires more parameters’ error.
> Private Sub Constructor(argpath as folderitem, argtimer as hotfolderpolltmer)
> me.hottimer = argtimer

dim sinceWhen As UInt64 = &hFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF // kFSEventStreamEventIdSinceNow
dim Flags as integer = FSEventsMBS.kFSEventStreamCreateFlagNone

Super.Constructor(argpath, sinceWhen,1 , flags)

Problem is a bug in Xojo. I reported it as case 31877.

feedback://showreport?report_id=31877