Xojo Conferences
XDCMay2019MiamiUSA

[MBS] Copyright info in a picture (MBS Xojo Plugin Mailinglist archive)

Back to the thread list
Previous thread: [MBS] [ANN] 16.0pr8
Next thread: [MBS] Session Voting for MBS Xojo Conference


Re: [MBS] [ANN] Changes in REAL Studio Project Format   -   Garth Hjelte
  [MBS] Copyright info in a picture   -   Jean-Luc Arnaud
   Re: [MBS] Copyright info in a picture   -   Christian Schmitz
    Re: [MBS] Copyright info in a picture   -   Jean-Luc Arnaud
   Re: [MBS] Copyright info in a picture   -   Christian Schmitz
    Re: [MBS] Copyright info in a picture   -   Jean-Luc Arnaud
    Re: [MBS] Copyright info in a picture   -   Jean-Luc Arnaud
   Re: [MBS] Copyright info in a picture   -   Jean-Luc Arnaud

[MBS] Copyright info in a picture
Date: 26.01.16 10:47 (Tue, 26 Jan 2016 10:47:14 +0100)
From: Jean-Luc Arnaud
Hi all,

I'm sure there is a function to hide copyright info in the data of a
picture, I mean some text info that will not be displayed in the picture
itself, but could be retrieved with a special utility.
I know I could use some Exif info, but I'm looking for something more
difficult to find in data.

TIA for any help.

Re: [MBS] Copyright info in a picture
Date: 26.01.16 14:57 (Tue, 26 Jan 2016 14:57:22 +0100)
From: Christian Schmitz

> Am 26.01.2016 um 14:55 schrieb Jean-Luc Arnaud <<email address removed>>:
>
>> Picture.SetSteganographyMBS
> Maybe a stupid question, but is there a max size for stegano data?
> In addition, is there always stegano data (even garbage) in any picture,
> or not?
>

CalcSteganographyMBS calculates the available space.
And yes, there is always stuff there.

It may be best to encrypt stuff and put a hash in front and later after decrypting check the hash.
If hash still matches, the data is valid.

Sincerely
Christian

Re: [MBS] Copyright info in a picture
Date: 26.01.16 15:28 (Tue, 26 Jan 2016 15:28:16 +0100)
From: Jean-Luc Arnaud
Ok, clear.

> It may be best to encrypt stuff and put a hash in front and later after decrypting check the hash.
Very good idea, thanks.

Jean-Luc Arnaud

Le 26/01/2016 14:57, Christian Schmitz a écrit :
>> Am 26.01.2016 um 14:55 schrieb Jean-Luc Arnaud <<email address removed>>:
>>
>>> Picture.SetSteganographyMBS
>> Maybe a stupid question, but is there a max size for stegano data?
>> In addition, is there always stegano data (even garbage) in any picture,
>> or not?
>>
> CalcSteganographyMBS calculates the available space.
> And yes, there is always stuff there.
>
> It may be best to encrypt stuff and put a hash in front and later after decrypting check the hash.
> If hash still matches, the data is valid.
>
> Sincerely
> Christian
>

_______________________________________________
Mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info mailing list
<email address removed>
https://ml01.ispgateway.de/mailman/listinfo/mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info

Re: [MBS] Copyright info in a picture
Date: 26.01.16 11:30 (Tue, 26 Jan 2016 11:30:59 +0100)
From: Christian Schmitz

> Am 26.01.2016 um 11:11 schrieb Jean-Luc Arnaud <<email address removed>>:
>
> Replying to myself.
>
> Ok, I found that this is called steganography and watermark, and there
> is a stegano function in the MBS GraphicsMagick Plugin.
> Am I right thinking it's exactly what I need?

That one adds a watermark.

Maybe you better look into:

Picture.AddSteganographyMBS
Picture.CalcSteganographyMBS
Picture.SetSteganographyMBS
Picture.SteganographyMBS

Sincerely
Christian

Re: [MBS] Copyright info in a picture
Date: 26.01.16 14:55 (Tue, 26 Jan 2016 14:55:04 +0100)
From: Jean-Luc Arnaud
> Picture.SetSteganographyMBS
Maybe a stupid question, but is there a max size for stegano data?
In addition, is there always stegano data (even garbage) in any picture,
or not?

Thanks for your help

Jean-Luc Arnaud

Le 26/01/2016 11:30, Christian Schmitz a écrit :
>> Am 26.01.2016 um 11:11 schrieb Jean-Luc Arnaud <<email address removed>>:
>>
>> Replying to myself.
>>
>> Ok, I found that this is called steganography and watermark, and there
>> is a stegano function in the MBS GraphicsMagick Plugin.
>> Am I right thinking it's exactly what I need?
> That one adds a watermark.
>
> Maybe you better look into:
>
> Picture.AddSteganographyMBS
> Picture.CalcSteganographyMBS
> Picture.SetSteganographyMBS
> Picture.SteganographyMBS
>
> Sincerely
> Christian
>

_______________________________________________
Mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info mailing list
<email address removed>
https://ml01.ispgateway.de/mailman/listinfo/mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info

Re: [MBS] Copyright info in a picture
Date: 26.01.16 11:43 (Tue, 26 Jan 2016 11:43:18 +0100)
From: Jean-Luc Arnaud
Ok, Christian, thanks a lot.

I will have a look at these functions.

Jean-Luc Arnaud

Le 26/01/2016 11:30, Christian Schmitz a écrit :
>> Am 26.01.2016 um 11:11 schrieb Jean-Luc Arnaud <<email address removed>>:
>>
>> Replying to myself.
>>
>> Ok, I found that this is called steganography and watermark, and there
>> is a stegano function in the MBS GraphicsMagick Plugin.
>> Am I right thinking it's exactly what I need?
> That one adds a watermark.
>
> Maybe you better look into:
>
> Picture.AddSteganographyMBS
> Picture.CalcSteganographyMBS
> Picture.SetSteganographyMBS
> Picture.SteganographyMBS
>
> Sincerely
> Christian
>

_______________________________________________
Mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info mailing list
<email address removed>
https://ml01.ispgateway.de/mailman/listinfo/mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info

Re: [MBS] Copyright info in a picture
Date: 26.01.16 11:11 (Tue, 26 Jan 2016 11:11:20 +0100)
From: Jean-Luc Arnaud
Replying to myself.

Ok, I found that this is called steganography and watermark, and there
is a stegano function in the MBS GraphicsMagick Plugin.
Am I right thinking it's exactly what I need?

Thanks

Jean-Luc Arnaud

Le 26/01/2016 10:47, Jean-Luc Arnaud a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I'm sure there is a function to hide copyright info in the data of a
> picture, I mean some text info that will not be displayed in the picture
> itself, but could be retrieved with a special utility.
> I know I could use some Exif info, but I'm looking for something more
> difficult to find in data.
>
> TIA for any help.
>

_______________________________________________
Mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info mailing list
<email address removed>
https://ml01.ispgateway.de/mailman/listinfo/mbsplugins_monkeybreadsoftware.info